Project Q-Felicia

TeflonTom

If your Lathing is anything like you're spelling, i'd be worried:rofl:

lathing... :rofl: that reminds me of a guy who i went to college with when i was doing my apprenticeship "lathing it up mate!"

omg this is supremely good! i quickly loaded in the 1.8T base map just to illustrate how it works!!! forget vag-com.... this thing is the dogs danglies!!!:)

screenshot1.jpg

this screen allows you to plot ignition advance angles , rpm against engine load.. it also allows you to move the rpm sites to whatever value you want, so if you want a site at 1000rpm then 1001rpm you just move them:)

screenshot2.jpg

same again but for injection, allowing rpm against load, can also display it as a percentage too:)

screenshot3.jpg

if you are running in closed loop mode and have a wide band lambda probe it allows you to enter target air/fuel ratios which it automatically adjusts the injection to

screenshot4.jpg

this section allows you to adjust the ingnition timing based on coolant temperature and air intake temperature:)

screenshot5.jpg

this part allows adjustment of the fueling based on coolant and air temperatures, also includes a fuel enrichment function when the engine is cranking:)

screenshot6.jpg

live adjustment mode shows info such as rpm, air temp, AFR etc etc:)

screenshot7.jpg

allows you to plot 3D graphs showing fueling, ingition timing, boost pressures...:)

i must say this is a fantastic piece of kit and i've barely even scratched the surface of the things it can do.. i'm going to have fun with this

oh yeah. i almost forgot to mention this

tps02.jpg

here's the sensor for measuing the throttle position. most mainstream throttle bodies has an 8mm D drive on the end of one of the shafts, these throttle bodies are really strange, they open the oposite way to the jenvey ones, hence some of you in the know maybe notice that the TPS is back-to-front.... it took some fiddling to get this to fit as well, i had to get some bolts exactly the right length (actually they technically aren't bolts, they are capscrews because they have an allen key head) and a few ickle spacers/shims i had to custom make too, and because these people who make these throttle bodies are out of thier tiny minds they used a non-standard thread pitch for the bolts that hold this sensor on. a normal M5 thread has a 0.8mm pitch, but these have a 0.75 pitch which i found out to my great misfortune...... all sorted now tho

Any Chance of some pics of the actual car, Tom? or are you saving the reveal til last?

i must confess, that i dont actually have a felicia any more..... i did have one a while back but it was too good to ruin and i sold it for more than i bought it for...

i will be on the look-out for one in the near future tho:)

i must confess, that i dont actually have a felicia any more..... i did have one a while back but it was too good to ruin and i sold it for more than i bought it for...

i will be on the look-out for one in the near future tho:)

:rofl: I'm confused. So what are all the expensive bits for then?:confused:

:rofl: I'm confused. So what are all the expensive bits for then?:confused:

well, my plan is to have everthing ready, engine, gearbox, brakes, suspension, wiring, interior, etc beforehand..... then boooom;) one weekend.... i'll do the whole conversion in one go:)

after all it's pointless having a car sitting around for months on end doing nothing

well, my plan is to have everthing ready, engine, gearbox, brakes, suspension, wiring, interior, etc beforehand..... then boooom;) one weekend.... i'll do the whole conversion in one go:)

after all it's pointless having a car sitting around for months on end doing nothing

Yeah I suppose. It's also nice to see the whole organic experience of the car developing from shell to megamachine in small stages... just my opinion tho.

It does look a hell of a lot more capable ill say that!

i remember when the megasquirt first came out, and for what it is, it's actually quite good. literally all you got was a bare circuit board and a little bag with an eprom in it and a schematic diagram, you had to source all the components and solder them on yourself. i had a few bad experiences with the early ones, but i so hear the newer ones are a lot better.

the thing i like most about the emerald is the aftersales support you get from them:)

i remember when the megasquirt first came out, and for what it is, it's actually quite good. literally all you got was a bare circuit board and a little bag with an eprom in it and a schematic diagram, you had to source all the components and solder them on yourself. i had a few bad experiences with the early ones, but i so hear the newer ones are a lot better.

the thing i like most about the emerald is the aftersales support you get from them:)

Yeah, I really liked the Sinclair approach!

The Emerald looks a really great bit of kit though :thumbup:

this is where the timing belt tensioner goes... applied some thread locking compound to the stud before screwing it in

tensionerstud.jpg

then the tensionor slides onto the stud, make sure the the fork in the tensioner base plate engages over the bolt in the oil pump

timingbelttensioner.jpg

im sorry but could i ask what this thread is about?? soz

world domination :D

no, it's just about tuning up a felicia, going to be doing stuff that hasn't been covered before afaik, like big brake conversion, rear disc conversion, poly bushes, etc etc... plus anything else that anybody else suggests.. like rear arb maybe?:)

i've come up against a bit of a problem. i've come to fit the timing belt. and no matter what i do i get piston-to-valve contact and i cant work out why. all the timing marks are ok. i'm beginning to think that maybe they are not the correct hydraulic lifters and are holding the valves open all the time and it appears i'm getting no compression at all

i suppose the first thing to do is remove the exhaust manifold and have a gander down the ports to see what's happening down there :o

current mood = not a happy chappy

i've come up against a bit of a problem. i've come to fit the timing belt. and no matter what i do i get piston-to-valve contact and i cant work out why. all the timing marks are ok. i'm beginning to think that maybe they are not the correct hydraulic lifters and are holding the valves open all the time and it appears i'm getting no compression at all

i suppose the first thing to do is remove the exhaust manifold and have a gander down the ports to see what's happening down there :o

current mood = not a happy chappy

:thumbdwn: thats not good

nothing in the bottom end causing issues? like the bearing shells being thicker?