Tyre Wear

How many miles should you get from a tyre?

Have had my Octy VRS estate 11 months and 12,000 miles and I think I am going to need new front tyres soon already! The outside edge has worn more than the rest as well.

i don't drive fast, wheel spin or corner quickly and my tyre pressures are always spot on. Is this usual? What tyres should I replace them with that might last?

Cheers for any responses

Nearly 19k out of my original fronts, i don't think i drive like a granny.

Replaced front 2 with Goodyear F1s, great tyre and looks the part too!

A previous thread has also praised Falken 452s.

Dan

Got 16k out of my first set, strange though that the rears wore out at almost the same rate as the front (to within 1/2mm). I replaced the Contis with a set of Toyo Proxes T1-R's. So far Ive been very happy with them, although I understand from other threads that they are no track day tyre! They seem a bit narrower than the Contis, which is no bad thing as they used to catch on the inner fron wheel arch liners on full lock!

I am just about to replace my original front tyres they have done nearly 23,000 miles which I think is pretty good. Rear ones don't need replacing yet. They are the original Bridgestone ones, can't remember size but they stand out proud from the alloy to protect them from scuffing at curbs. I had the standard vega wheels on my Octy by the way. Was thinking of having the same type again as have been pleased with them but have no idea how much that will cost me.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just recovering from replacing all 4 Bridgestone tyres on my Octy II Elegance 105BHP estate after 19500 miles. I've always had cars with Michelins before and never had to change ANY tyre at less than 25,000 or even 30,000 for some rears. This thread looks as if my experience isn't that out of the ordinary. I've put 4 new Michelin Primacy tyrers on now and I'm keeping the car!!!!!!

So Far i have had to change 2 x 18" Conti tyres after 7k. I have to buy a new alloy + tyre after running over a housebrick that i had no chance of avoiding.

I am not to impressed with low profile Continental tyres on my '56 plate Octy vrs so is there a better tyre?

Rob

So Far i have had to change 2 x 18" Conti tyres after 7k. I have to buy a new alloy + tyre after running over a housebrick that i had no chance of avoiding.

I am not to impressed with low profile Continental tyres on my '56 plate Octy vrs so is there a better tyre?

Rob

Have a search around as there are several fairly recent threads on the subject on tyres, but to answer your question in short; YES.

Toyo, Falken, Michelin Pilot Sport or Exalto, Goodyear F1 - all get good reports from Briskodians.