Helppp

Hello,

:mad: lost my car key durin this amazing day im having, and its the only key i have, i have another spare key but its not an original one and when i put it in the ignition it shows a flashign light of a key on the dashboard and the car doesnt work, what to do?? can the spare key be programmed to turn the engine on? because my local dealership says it'll take them a month to get me another key!!!!

thank you

As long as the key fits the ignition lock and has a transponder in it then they can code it using your four pin secutiry code. If you do not have this code they can get it for you.

It's just a normal key it doesnt have a transponder!!

i'm sure Lummox will correct me if i'm wrong , but as you have tried to start the car with an unprogrammed key the immobiliser system may have to be unlocked before the original key works again

I think it will store a fault code which reads along the lines of a failed start attempt but I don't know about any lock. Can you confirm Ross?

The dealer is either a lazy *** or a complete liar, a new key can be obtained before the end of the week, providing you supply the correct info and pay for the new one in advance. Fact!

Did you check the OP's location in the profile box on the left?

was just about to say that Stu , although its only a couple of hours on the plane:rolleyes:

Ok captured! I didn't, Dubia's a bit different to mainland GB. I apologise :o

hides provincial face in shame :D I keep forgetting that the club is world wide.

On the other hand If there was a large bet on it I bet it could be done!

:D

iirc you can put the immobilzer into override mode and enter the code using the mileage/clock reset button thingy, but obviously you need to know the code, it should be on the little blue plastic tab that came with the car.... then you can start the car with any key so long as it fits the ignition switch

have a look in the hand book for the 'emergency code' function

hold in the odometer reset button whilst twisting it to the right for a few seconds

it will display ----

then repeatedly press the odoemter button in till the right number appears, twist to the right to select next number...

to store the number hold in the button whilst twisting it to the right...

this is only a tempory measure untill you get a new key sorted, the car can now be started with you 'dead' key or even without a key at all if you dont mind turing the ignition switch with a big screwdriver....

that is why you should never leave the key tab in your car