Fabia VRS Towbar?

Hello everyone,i am thinking about replacing my v reg goof gti turbo with a fabia vrs,has anybody fitted a towbar to a vrs? i have looked at most towbar suppliers and they all list brackets to fit normal fabia but not the vrs,can anybody shed any light on this problem? Regards Paul;)

A search will reveal all: the vRS is not type-approved for a towbar. Not that that stops people fitting them, esp. for mountain bike racks etc.

A search will reveal all: the vRS is not type-approved for a towbar. Not that that stops people fitting them, esp. for mountain bike racks etc.

Yep you're right , if you check the V5 (Registration document) you'll see there are no weights given in the towable mass section. Strange thing is, i vaguely remember the furby being voted "Scottish towcar of the year 2003 (?)"........

Many thanks,found all the info i need 20 mins after i posted thread by doing a search...doh! might be joining the fabia family sooner than i thought,just sold my golf in the dark at 9.30pm!!!:thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone,

Just came across this thread and wondered what the significance is of the VRS not being "type approved" for a towbar? If it's not detailed on the V5 could you invalidate your insurance? If you were to have an accident while towing could the insurance company squerm out of paying up?

Hi Everyone,

Just came across this thread and wondered what the significance is of the VRS not being "type approved" for a towbar? If it's not detailed on the V5 could you invalidate your insurance? If you were to have an accident while towing could the insurance company squerm out of paying up?

Yes, and yes. Certainly in theory - and what with most insurance companies struggling to make a profit, I think it's unlikely that they'd turn a blind eye to something like that, however innocuous a modification it might seem. Perhaps more importantly, if you were to hit someone (rather than the other way round), you could be in line for a stretch.

If you need to tow a trailer, get another car; if it's for bikes, get a rack...

HTH

• 1 month later...