Remapped?

Shipley, West Yorks?

yes mate otterly rd iirc

I too wish my car came came with all that. It may be an idea to tell your insurance company that the car isn't standard. It won't make a huge difference to your premium and at least you know that your covered if anything happens.

Honesty is the best policy where insurance companies are concerned.

the ins co will be informed, i dont see the point in not declaring mods, if you need to make a claim and they turn round and say we cant pay out cos its not mods not declared, then your fubar'd

it was only pennys for the rs6 alloys

If you are looking to see whether it has been lowered, the springs should be a difference colour - they are black standard. I wish my car had come with all the stuff on! :)

Also is it possible to tell if a car has been remapped with VAG-com or does that only tell you about problems and stuff?

Cahoona's. Standard springs are Black. So are the one's I bought from Eibach.

aaah michael robinson, I used to live in Selby and know who you are referring to. Yes the car was remapped, it has a REVO remap on it, pd160 air intake, green panel filter and IIRC it also had eibach springs and koni dampers.

He was going to buy my Strut Brace off me but never did.

I think he said it produced 185 bhp and 280 lb/ft of torque.

Car performance?? I wouldn't know..............................................

yes mate otterly rd iirc

the ins co will be informed, i dont see the point in not declaring mods, if you need to make a claim and they turn round and say we cant pay out cos its not mods not declared, then your fubar'd

it was only pennys for the rs6 alloys

All insurers I've been with (I've been with four since I got my Furby) have charged me in the region of

It certainly looked VERY quick at the Selby Airfield strip at Burn near Selby, and i've never seen a car get so much TLC in terms of washing & waxing, definately a good buy mate :thumbup:

it does feel quick sometimes, but others it dont, not really put foot down yet, i took it to redline other day to see if it would pull all the way to see about remap etc but that it,

is the previous owner a member on hear then? whats his username i could do with finding out if its been lowered etc

it does feel quick sometimes, but others it dont, not really put foot down yet, i took it to redline other day to see if it would pull all the way to see about remap etc but that it,

is the previous owner a member on hear then? whats his username i could do with finding out if its been lowered etc

If you live near me, (Bingley,W Yorks)I can give it the once over for you. PM me if youre interested

ok i am a newbie to all this and thinking of geeting a vRS that has been remapped, i have some questions:

1.wat is remap

2.wat are addvantages and dissadvantages

3.does it affect the MPG and by how much?

4.how much extra will it cost on ur premium?

5.does the insurance have to know?

6.if an acident occured will they find out?

plz help me clear this up

thanks

1. A remap is a reconfiguration of the cars brain to increase power.

2. lots more power, but a bit more strain on parts. depends on driving style.

3. Usually an increase in MPG

4. Cant say dependant on yourself, age, postcode other mods.

5. Up to you, but i would declare all mods

6. Yes they can find out.

ok i am a newbie to all this and thinking of geeting a vRS that has been remapped, i have some questions:

1.wat is remap

2.wat are addvantages and dissadvantages

3.does it affect the MPG and by how much?

4.how much extra will it cost on ur premium?

5.does the insurance have to know?

6.if an acident occured will they find out?

plz help me clear this up

thanks

1. Have a search round the site. Loads of Info.

2. Again, loads of information round the forum. Enough for you to make an informed choice

3. If driven properly they can usually improve MPG but this needs to be taken on an individual basis

4. Depends on your insurance, who your with and what map

5. Im not your mum but it's a bad days work if you don't

6. Yes, they can

You will need to do a bit more research. If you think of it as being a bit like overclocking your PC you won't be far off.

ok thanks for da replies

i dont think i worded my quesiton properly thou

i ment how much extra on top of your current premium will it cost, i think my quote was about

All you need to do it plug a laptop into the diag port, and use what ever software is needed to program the eeprom (the memory of your ecu). Just by looking at the serial codes and certain other areas of the ecu software a competent insurance assessor, with the help of a vehicle technitian will be able to tell a car had been mapped. Thats even if you switch back to a std map after the accident.

If i remember right, the ecu stores how many times it's been flashed, and what areas of the eeprom have been updated.