Me again.

Amoung my little niggles, my Felicia skeaks when I let off the accelerator.

It doesn't do it when stationary and I rev only when going along.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

After realising it was the accelerator cable/linkage I thought it might be a mount of some sort.

Another job for tonight then.

Tonight I will mostly be checking universal steering joints and shaking the Felly's lump!!! Oooh missus. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guy's,

Well after lots of engine shaking I couldn't get the damn squeak to squeak.

As well as it squeaking when letting off the throttle during a gear change, I noticed it also squeaks when hitting speed ramps. But not all the time though.

Still can't pinpoint it yet though . . .

The squeak when hitting a ramp will likely be the shocks as mine did that before they were changed. Mind you they were about to hit my tyres!!

The old shocks once off (apart from looking knackered) were pretty soft and worn

When I done my top mounts recently I thought my shocks felt pretty good and they still had some resistance to them. The car doesn't squeak when I bounce it while stationary though?!?!?

When I done the balljoints recently I also thought the bushes looked pretty good as well.

Maybe it's needs more shaking. Think I'll have a few beers and get mad at it and chuck in a few manly screams for extra effect. NiCE.

to be honest it could be a whole host of things, when lifting off the accelerator the weight on the engine/gearboc shifts forwards slightly which can make stuff squeek a little, especially if the parts are moist... could be anything. suspension bushes, gear linkage, engine mounts, exhaust mounts, etc

to be honest it could be a whole host of things...

Yes I know, unfortunately. I'll just keep plugging away. I shall not be beaten... :(

Thanks,

the squeak when going over speed bumps could well be a bent strut.

one of mine is bent at the mow, but i'm holding out till i get the HP shocks.

not good to drive with a bent strut considering they are essentially two halves spot welded together. hope your welds arent cracked or it could fail badly when driving!

to be honest it could be a whole host of things, when lifting off the accelerator the weight on the engine/gearbox shifts forwards slightly which can make stuff squeak a little, especially if the parts are moist... could be anything. suspension bushes, gear linkage, engine mounts, exhaust mounts, etc

I think I may have found the squeak. I was under the car today checking the steering rack, but that's a previous post, and the gear linkage has a hell of a lot of play in it, especially the front riveted joint. It was only when I grabbed the linkage and wiggled it around that it squeaked. Ah ha me thinks . . .

So I got back in the car and gave the gear stick a fairly harsh wiggle and noticed the squeak again. Under normal gear engagement the squeak is not present. I presume a harsher wiggle/harsher gear engagement is more like the sort of force the engine would ex cert when letting off the throttle after accelerating.