Shocking Experience.....

sam_b

So there I am in my Octy vRS waiting for the light to turn green, enjoying the music and the weather. I'm first on the light, just as it turns green, I peel off, 2nd gear 100km/hr, and then my eye catches this little lizard sunning itself on my dashboard (lizards creep me out for some reason). Slammed on the brakes, swerved left and jumped out of my car....folks on the road thought I'm some sorta nut, and the bloody lizard promptly disappears inside the A/C vents.

hope it doesnt die inside and stink up the car....I'll have to get the dashboard opened up...

People think it's a hilarious story for some reason....not so funny when you happen to be in the car with a sunbathing lizard....

I was visiting the X in Epsom a few years back, dying for the loo, stopped on the M'Way for a leak. (very desperate) got into Epson town. At the light minding my own business. There was a grasshopper sitting on my doorpanel, by my arm, looking at me. Thrrrrrup.

I hate these blighters and this one has just caught a lift from the M25 whilst i was taking a pee, jumped out at the lights, brushing myself off like n00b, a right girl I'll admit.

Lights changed and got so much abuse from the car behind as i was looking for it in my car, lights changed red again, got even more abuse.

Bl00dy G-hoppers.

Try having a huntsman spider come out at you on your steering colum whilst cruising at 100km on the freeway. Not happy. :(

This would be one of the many stupidly venomous species of spider?

My cousin was in Australia a few years ago and had bought a cheap car to travel around in because it was cheaper than buying. He is scared of spiders and when he saw one in the footwell as he was driving along in the outback, he managed to flip the car and leave it upside down by the side of the road, so you did well to control it. :thumbup:

This would be one of the many stupidly venomous species of spider?

Nope. Harmless except for a sharp bite. But when you have this:

spider.jpg

Coming at you at a great rate of knots, you kinda freak. :eek:

Nope. Harmless except for a sharp bite. But when you have this:

Coming at you at a great rate of knots, you kinda freak. :eek:

You can see why I'd wonder, esp. given that I've read Bill Bryson's "Down Under"? Suspect my biggest problem would be not being in a position to id it quick!

aww lizards are well cute. I've always wanted a lizard!

You can have mine.... shall I airmail it :)

P.S.- by the way a cousin of mine thinks snakes are cute... :eek:

you live in india right? could have been worse... could have been a tiger ;) lol....

Tigers??? They killed em all mate.Sent the parts up north to the Chinese, to make male libido enhancing medicines. As if they need it :rolleyes: .

Look at us Indians, we don't take drus made from Tiger parts, but are still going strong as far as reproduction is concerned :D .