Wind Noise Problem Furby vRS

rsbspt

My new Furby vRS is so darned quiet on the motorway that a strange wind noise is driving me mad!

I know I should just turn up the stereo, but has anyone else come across it and found a cure? I can only decribe it as a metallic tinkling sound from the area of the o/s/f window. It's definitely wind-related and I suspect is wind passing around the mirror or the window frame rubbers. Any ideas?

One solution might be to fit wind deflectors (though I'm not a fan of these). Anyone know a supplier of these to fit the Fabia?

Mine does it and so did the one i test drove before i bought mine too...it seems to come from the passenger side wing mirror from 50mph upwards. I have no idea of how to cure it though?! The wing mirror is a different shape to the drivers side one too for some reason?

Got to admit I haven't notice that on the normal Fabia, at motorway speeds it's lovely and quiet.

Hi everyone here,

I've been asked to update a list other Fabia vRS owner/drivers are contributing to, for any common problems that they are having with this car.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near as many serious problems as I experienced with the two MINI Cooper S's that I've owned, which were frankly shocking (not to devalue anyone's bad experiences of their Fabia vRS ofcourse, but if you read my signature blocks link - you'll soon realise why I haven't got a MINI anymore)!

Here's the link to the Fabia vRS common problems if anyone fancies a look or they have something they want to contribute.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6419

All the best,

When I'm on the motorway its really loud with lots of traffic and wind noise!!

Which is concerning me

John

Hi John,

Are we talking Fabia vRS here or Octavia (as your avatar)?

Thanks,

Hmm - afraid I'm one who just turns the radio up. :rolleyes: Although with the radio of wind noise isn't too bad and the engine noise just in the background, even with a diesel. :D

Some rattles are actually increased by putting the volume up, so I must get around to seeing what's going on in the passenger door. I fear I've possibly damaged a speaker playing music too loud already - I've only had the car 2 months... :(

Hmm - afraid I'm one who just turns the radio up. :rolleyes: Although with the radio of wind noise isn't too bad and the engine noise just in the background' date=' even with a diesel. :D

Some rattles are actually increased by putting the volume up, so I must get around to seeing what's going on in the passenger door. I fear I've possibly damaged a speaker playing music too loud already - I've only had the car 2 months... :([/quote']

Never actually noticed the Fabia having that much wind noise. There's a bit around the mirrors but it's not loud enough to annoy me. Only one thats a bit annoying because of the aerodynamics is if you have a rear window open at over 50mph. Try it. It's ery annoying and painful! :rofl:

Hmm - afraid I'm one who just turns the radio up. :rolleyes: Although with the radio of wind noise isn't too bad and the engine noise just in the background' date=' even with a diesel. :D

Some rattles are actually increased by putting the volume up, so I must get around to seeing what's going on in the passenger door. I fear I've possibly damaged a speaker playing music too loud already - I've only had the car 2 months... :([/quote']

If your car is under warranty, don't stand for anything like this. You shouldn't be able to damage the speakers by playing music too loud! Well. Not unless you've modified something. Take it back straight away and get it all sorted out! :)

...Only one thats a bit annoying because of the aerodynamics is if you have a rear window open at over 50mph. Try it. It's ery annoying and painful! :rofl:

For what it is worth, that's something that befalls lots of new car designs these days. My last BMW 318 SE (new style) from brand-new did it. In fact they all do it, unless they've redisgned the flow of air over the car.

I used to have to ask anyone that opened the one behind me to close it. It was so loud, it was like some sort of drum'n'bass track behind me, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, (repeat until upset).

I used to then turn the aircon on them and they usually froze to death! ;)