170TDI vRS remapped

These are very similar figures to my Leon FR TDi with Revo. If that's anything to go by, the mid range grunt will be fantastic and it will surprise so many other cars with its sheer pace.

Its the business isn't it!

What can I say. :)

The driving is very nice. You can definitely feel the difference.

@Faboka_vrs – No, it wasn’t Aligator. :) But Aligator also represents Master’s Tuning in another city. This was made in Warsaw at headquarters. :)

MiKruS,

I am so jealous.. I have had my vrs 170 tdi since october 2006 and have been searching in vain for someone to remap it, but because of the DPF no one will touch it. Do you know or can you find out if Master's Tuning have contacts in the UK or Ireland where I can get this done

CB:thumbup:

From the Superchips web site under the "applications" menu :-

Skoda Octavia TDI

2006 onwards

Engine type : Turbo-Diesel

Engine size : 1968 cm3

Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 170

Original nm : 350

BHP increase : 27

NM gain : 77

Lb/Ft gain : 57

td performance will do it, iv bein talking to them and they reckon its a huge diff. they have done quiet a few up the north. they also have a dealer in kildare. im still tinking about doing mine!!! :thumbup:

MiKruS,

I am so jealous.. I have had my vrs 170 tdi since october 2006 and have been searching in vain for someone to remap it, but because of the DPF no one will touch it. Do you know or can you find out if Master's Tuning have contacts in the UK or Ireland where I can get this done

Hi,

I know that they do chips for tuners in Europe (eg. Denmark, Germany, Slovakia), but don't now if they have someone in UK or Ireland. You will have to ask them by email.

Mine's off to SuperChips on Monday 16th for its remap.

Plus members get 10% off.

Nice! :) I hope you will put here your dyno graph after remap. It would be nice to compare them - I think... :)

By the way: Has anyone tested your TDI170 remapped on dyno and can put his graph here?

s3akr Do you have your FR Revo'd graph?

Sorry for asking you but I haven't seen much of 170TDI done and like to check if mine is similar to yours.

Thanks in advance.

Do SuperChips automatically give you an individual dyno readout then?

I was just going to drop the car off for them to upload the map, go for a spot of shopping in the town and then drive it home hanging on to my hat!!! :thumbup:

Here is the generic spec map:

204PS and 432 NM (201 BHP and 319 lbft)

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/vag20tdi170.pdf

15807.attach

s3akr Do you have your FR Revo'd graph?

No - I didn't get it dyno'd at the time. All I knew was that I needed Revo having had it on my S3 to good effect and I wanted it again! Got it done somewhere that didn't have a dyno.

• 1 year later...
So as a guy who was thinking about buying an octy vrs diesel - your'e all basically saying its not fast enough! better save up for that 530d then....:(

The VRS TDi is plenty fast enough imo - stick a bluefin on one and it turns a quick car into a very quick car! Mid range grunt in particular is exceptional. :thumbup:

Lee

So as a guy who was thinking about buying an octy vrs diesel - your'e all basically saying its not fast enough! better save up for that 530d then....:(

Depends on your definition of fast doesn't it? I'm sure there's many a person more than satisfied with the performance 'out of the box'. By the same token, there will be people who want to make the most of the PD170 unit, and free up some more performance. Horses for courses really.

With the same logic, the 530d won't be fast enough, best go for a 535d. Oh wait, you'll need a M5 actually....

Steve

MiKruS,

Hi Cathal,

Joe has done a lot of the Vrs TDi now with no issues.

sites below for details.

rgds, Colin

www.chippedIRE.com and www.vagdrivers.net

At the risk of dampening the proceedings, where the vRS TDI is poor is in its sluggish pull-away from rest. I note from the RR graphs that the re-map has done nothing to address this. It all appears to still happen with a rush at 1800 rpm...

If the mapping is done individually, it can be adjusted to the drivers wishes.

I had 3 different SuperChip mappings on my TDI, thanks to BlueFin. One of them had a remarkable smoother powerdelivery and I would have choosen this mapping if I wasnt living in a country without speedlimits ;).

Topend power was slightly less, but therefor the car was a lot more driveable in city/countryroads. Power came in much earlier and the turbokick wasnt that extreme anymore. (but still enough extra power to make you smile).

But as I do a lot of autobahndriving, I rather liked to have more topend power :D

[pedantic mode]

Except that's not a R8 TDi, this is:

audi_r8_tdi_le_mans_01.jpg

[/pedantic mode]

I hear what you're saying though :D

Steve

Yeah thats the one, I pasted a link to the diesel at a motorshow, but it didn't work, so I used the other one.