Remote Central Locking Installation Guide

jonboyuk

• 3 months later...

Hi. 2 years ago I bought a Skoda Fabia from 2001. It has a Sonar 110 remote central locking system, with a one button remote. A couple of moths ago I bought a Thunder Keyless entry system, with those "fancy" :p flip-out keys. I just needed the keys cause they look cool :D. Anyway i want to install this new module so i can use the new key's buttons to open & close the doors. Yesterday I took the dash apart , found the old module(that Sonar 110), quickly searched for it on the web, and I found a german version of the wiring diagrams. I checked today if the wiring is the same, and it is. After reading this guide, I was thinking about trying to change the modules myself. As the wiring is already made for the old one, i want to use that wiring (when & where i can). On the picture you can see the old module on the left, and the new one on the right. I wrote down what i want to do, where I want to connect the new module's wires. If some of you made something like this i would appreciate if you could look at it and say if it's ok like that, or do i have to change something. There are some questions i need to ask: The Sonar has a 10A fuse on the (+) wire, the new module has a 15A one. Which one should i use? Does anyone know if the "Boot open switch" part works? and if it does where do i connect those 2 wires? (B8 and B10 on the attached picture)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/skodafabiacentrallock.jpg/

• 3 weeks later...

hi mate i cant help you but im haveing the same prob iv got my kit but i dont no where the wireing is on the car could you help me e.g witch wire goses where and where do i connect it in my car is it by the door lock motor or under the dash iv been trying find out for a while now but no joy

• 5 months later...

..."IT'S ALIVE"... Thank you guys :kiss:

Installed kit http://www.rclick.co...products_id=671 on my Fabia Comfort Combi 2001, following jonboyuk instructions, tips and tricks, and related links in this thread.

Worked flawlessly 1. time; remote lock/unlock, windows open/close and flashing indicators :rofl: No key-ECU-pairing needed, just plug-n-play...

Not working is key fob remote boot lock/unlock function; didn't even try to find the relevant wire ... :blush:

Chose to get a NEW key blade carved from the supplied blank- cost me app 25£, thus almost dubbling the budget for the project...

Experiences:

- Cut and use one of the wires NOT in use("dummy") for "fishing" the WHITE wire through hole at the connetor by the side door opening:

1) Put the "dummy" through the opening from the OUTSIDE.

2) Strip 2 cm. of both "dummy" and the one WHITE wire(consisting af the joined 2 white/white-black window open/close wires from ECU), join them, and gently pull the "dummy" wire from the OUTSIDE of door opening, and the WHITE follows. Ta'daaaa :angel:

- Instead of wiring the WHITE cable to pin 5 at connector, use a supplied "splicer" directly on the YELLW/BLUE cable in the rubber hosing

- TIP: Apply a very firm and fast pressure to the "splicer" using a broad/stable plier instead of a gradually pressure. Practice makes perfect!

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

Peter/Copenhagen

Me again.. :hi:

No key-ECU-pairing needed, just plug-n-play...

Maybe a pairing of key and ECU is a must after all: A couple of times I've found the doors unlocked despite making VERY sure they were properly locked, and placing my key at a safe place at home- out of reach....

Can other cars keys accidentially unlock my doors, when pairing has not been done/done correctly? -

-and-

How to do the pairing without deassenbling dashboard? Something about turning the key in the ignition and pressing key(s)?

Can anyone clarify and guide me? :think:

Peter/Copenhagen

Edited by peterDen

• 3 months later...

This PDF file helped me 100% thanks thanks thanks. I would like to know also about remote roll up/down the windows info , like which wire is for the power windows, in the remote module it has a purple wire where should I connect it to?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't posted in here for a while but I frequently get e-mails regarding the subject. I made this guide around 6 years ago now, so I'm happy to see it's still being used.

What I can no longer say though is if the R-Click kits are the same anymore, they seem like they might be different from the one I've illustrated. Nonetheless, the car hasn't changed so in theory the connections should remain the same. Most of the queries here can be sorted out with a little patience and a multimeter - checking where flows of current go!

Sadly I am too busy in my new career to maintain this thread so I hope you can all help each other. I will pop in from time to time to see how it's going.

Best - Op.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i have Skoda Fabia year 2002 and i would like to install this kit into my car. Thanks for great guide and pictures...

I found different modules with different price range. Can someone help me what to purchase.

Is it possible that i would have problems with cheap modules and security? Meaning that someone could unlock the car with similar kit?

Thanks for answers and help.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I know this is an old guide but I could do with some help, I've followed it to the letter and triple checked my connection a with a volt Metre, but I don't get any voltage from the ground to the yellow/yellow and black cables.

How does it get voltage from ground?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Medivac

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, tried to start a new topic for cental lock but no one replied so i'll post my problem here.

I have 98 Octavia witch had pre installed remote clu, everything worker accept passangers door

When i quickly press close open close (open close) then all of the 5 locks get closed.

I have opened driver door panel and checked the big plug that goes to the thingy controlling windows etc. and it seemed to be ok. I have also checked all the wires that go in the rubber tubes from the door to the car chasis. I have also removed the central lock unit and checked the components inside, thy were ok.

Now i have istalled a new remote control unit from rclick http://www.rclick.co...roducts_id=1112  and it does the same thing as the old one everything else works accept passanger door! 

I dont know is the problem in the central lock box or in wires? The wiring should be ok because the locks work if you open,close,open,close repeatedly or just open the doors.

Also i have discovered that when i turn on the ignition i can hear a sound from the passangers door lock, i think that ignition is somehow connected to the opening pulse but have no idea how or why??

Oh and when i use the key to manually open the car it opens/closes the same doors as the remote.

I have no ide what to do... the electrical connection should be fine because its working, remote unit is working and the electrical components in the clu look ok.

• 1 month later...

Can any one help me please I have a 2009 Octavia Classic and I want to fit a rclick remote locking unit

I need to ask what wires do I connect to are they on the convenience module and if they are which ones do I use

I am new to this site so I am not familiar on how to post and use this site

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanking you joe d

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I bought a central locking serie from eBay for Fabia and got a general instructions only.

How this will work as a negative (ground driven)?

I tried to use meter to find correct wires for trigger but no success...

post-111906-0-98722700-1388602404_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Anyone still around in this thread?

I'm gonna install a keyless locking system in my Octavia.

I think I got enough information to be able to successfully do this, but I was wondering about one thing.

In the mid console I have two buttons for locking and opening. Is it possible to parallel-connect the keyless system to the buttons.

bZxZ8rT.jpg

Edited by fUSiON

• 1 month later...

Anyone still around in this thread?

I'm gonna install a keyless locking system in my Octavia.

I think I got enough information to be able to successfully do this, but I was wondering about one thing.

In the mid console I have two buttons for locking and opening. Is it possible to parallel-connect the keyless system to the buttons.

Yes, I would imagine so. Bearing in mind, in my guide all I did was connect into the wires that connect to the open/close button - they just happen to be in the door not the centre console. Get cracking!

• 4 months later...

Hi, i recently installed remote central lock into my car -> Fabia 2002 hatchback.

I have problems with indicators.

Remote central lock is working, i can heard clicking in the remote central unit, but indicator lights aren't flashing.

Before connecting brown wires to black/white and black/green i messured voltage while flashing indicators, so the pins are correct. I even soldered the wires but no luck.

Can someone help me what i am doing wrong?

• 1 month later...

Im trying to install this unit http://dvbnzx2bwm8w.cloudfront.net/dat/files/centrallaasdiagram.pdf

(put it aside for a while, but im back now). If you scroll down there is a diagram of the control unit pinout.

The car (2001 1.4mpi comfort) has central locking allready and i really just have to find out what wires to connect.

they are sorted as follows from the control unit:

Red = +dc power

black = ground

blue = lock control (all)

green = lock control (all)

brown = lock control (front)

white = lock control (front)

I just want all doors unlocking and locking, so brown/white wires shouldnt be needed atall (i think, this i a question actually)

but it could see the brown/white detects the doorlock position (manual unlocking) and forwards it to all doors, that feature is allready in the car so isolate?

Anyways that leaves me with basically 4 wires, i guess they just share GND inside the unit so i wont have to splice 3 wires like the guide says and i could live without the indicator lights flashing. But still ??

GND and DC+ i can find, but how do i go from there? green and blue in the door with a 180omh resistor or what?

Get power on the unit and see what signals come out the wires?

Edited by Sort

• 2 months later...

Will it work without the 180ohm resistor, what is the function of the resistor? Pretty hard to get your hands on if you dont order like 100s

quoting myself, i bought this kit: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281455816017?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I dont really need the key and the remote to be as one, i hope this kit will work.. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

quoting myself, i bought this kit: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281455816017?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I dont really need the key and the remote to be as one, i hope this kit will work.. :)

the resistor makes one signal come out with less amps, as far as i can tell that tells the car components if you pressed lock or unlock.

My unit finally went in the car this weekend, i skipped all the lights etc, cause i really need to see the unit actually lock/unlock the car before i move on. My car is LHD so possibly i shouldnt have connected to pin number five (theyr numbered on the plug) either way it does click but doesnt unlock the doors.

Next step is test the output on the wires in that white plug, as i press the lock/unlock buttons on the car panel.

As i see it the whole setup basically fools the car into thinking someone pressed those buttons anyways.

My unit originally reverses polarity on two wires when it activates, so i had to solder up a little circuit board with 4 one way diodes and that 180 ohm resistor on it, to get two positive signals,

Edited by Sort
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hello all. 

Had a couple Qs. 

For the installation, there is really no need to remove the door panel at all?  My car doesn’t have electric windows. 

Also, for the resistor (my first time soldering anything) is there a spec to follow or any general 180ohm resistor will work. Are there any ideal alternatives for this step??

I am looking at the guide now and will be opening up the dash over the weekend to practice. I really do like the idea of getting the doors to open with the push of a button.