Remote Central Locking Installation Guide

jonboyuk

If you are asking for the wire that you should connect to control unit of alarm to let it know when a door is open I think the cable is brown with orange on the brown connector

[ATTACH]21051[/ATTACH]

thanks jonboyuk for the picture

that is for fabia.

I'm not 100% sure for that info, but when the red light in door trim illuminates i get "-" there, and that is the signal desired from my alarm to know that the door is opened. Soon I'll try it and let you know. My alarm control unit is dead so I'm waiting for a new one. I didn't mentioned that my alarm is sending "+" signals to the indicator lights, so when I connected the cables to the indicator light cables and turned hazards on and panic on my alarm... a white smoke came out and I smelled "electricity" :rofl: Now my alarm is signaling with the dimension lights, it's not bad :)

i did try the brown/orange wire, but nothing happened. But thank you anyway, if you do find out, please let me know.

In my case the alarm unit expects ground signal to know if a door is opened. On the Brown/Orange wire is coming ground signal when the door is opened so the red light can be turned on. The only problem with that wire (for me) is that it works only with front doors, but it is enough for me. Soon maybe I'll have time to observe for better place to connect to.

In my case the alarm unit expects ground signal to know if a door is opened. On the Brown/Orange wire is coming ground signal when the door is opened so the red light can be turned on. The only problem with that wire (for me) is that it works only with front doors, but it is enough for me. Soon maybe I'll have time to observe for better place to connect to.

Mine alarm also requiers ground signal, but the problem is I don't have lights in my doors, so maybe that's why it's not working. People say I should connect it to door micro switch, but I have no idea where to connect

oh, and my car doesn't have a warning for open doors (no light on the display if doors are not properly closed), so maybe I can't have this option.

btw, I did notice an orange wire which should autolock the car when i press the brake pedal and unlock when I turn the car off. Anyone has any clue about this?

Mine alarm also requiers ground signal, but the problem is I don't have lights in my doors, so maybe that's why it's not working. People say I should connect it to door micro switch, but I have no idea where to connect

What about the interior light, does that have an apropriate signal going to it from the door switch?

Door micro switch is usually near the centre piller, and may have a rubber cover on it. You can test it by pressing it in to see if the interior light goes off etc. The wires will be just behind that switch, and you may have to take off the plastic interior covers beside the drivers seat to get to the switch.

HTH,

GB

What about the interior light, does that have an apropriate signal going to it from the door switch?

Door micro switch is usually near the centre piller, and may have a rubber cover on it. You can test it by pressing it in to see if the interior light goes off etc. The wires will be just behind that switch, and you may have to take off the plastic interior covers beside the drivers seat to get to the switch.

HTH,

GB

well, thank you, but now I have another silly question. what is the centre piller? :) sorry, i'm from slovenia, so have no idea what to look for. I think the micro switch in inside the door? So I must take the whole panel down, look for rubber cover, behind it should be the micro switch? And I guess every door has one?

The centre piller (it may be called something else in real terms) is the part of car where the front door almost meets the rear door. This is the piller where the seat belt is fitted for the driver (on the door side).

The door switch is not on the door, it should be on the car body, the door just presses it when its closed. If you open the drivers door, and look at the car on the centre piller, where the rear door starts, you will find the switch somewhere there.

This still means that your alarm will only trigger if the driver side door is opened. which is not a good protection really. I think you should look for the signal to the interior light which will be triggered will all doors. so then you dont have to wire through all door switches. If you open the interior light you should be able to check which wire brings the signal to turn the light ON when a door is opened.

Also try and get or download a workshop manual for your car, cos it may show pictures too. I have an Octavia, which may be different from yours.

Hope that helps.

hope this helps.

great, thank you for all your help. Just one last question. Since the alarm requires negative triggering...does the interior light work on +12v? Mine manual does say if conncted to +12v, I must change the polarity. I did have a quick look at the center interior light, it's connected with 3wires, which run on the right side of the car. And since my car has the whell on the left side, I have no idea where this wire goes to. The middle wire in red/black if I remember correctly.

HTH,

GB

Well in some cars door micro switch is located in the lock of door (like in mine :( ). Lamps turn off only when the door is closed or I manually lock door lock. I'm sure that there is some wire on central car control unit, that is triggering interior lights when you open some door and like in most cars it should be ground driven.

Hi i have a question relating to the right click kits.

I have just bought and tried to fit one to my fabia classic, i've followed the guides on this forum, the instructions with the kit and info from the haynes manunal however i have a rather large problem.

The electrics are wired in and the actuators are mounted onto the driver and passenger door and work great however as soon as you put the door cards on that it it doesnt work.

This is due to how the rods you recieve with the rclick kit connect to the original door car lock. When the door car is on this connector rubs agains the door card making the pin really really stiff, i dont want to just assume this is correct because im sure if i leave it, its going to burn out the actuator.

I know that the rod you recieve, you are supposed to bend it to make it fit around the door correctly however this isn't a problem that i have.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it or does anyone have any ideas how i can connect the to things together?

dscf0357xt2.th.jpg

I've gotten the kit so far i dont want have to remove it because it doesnt link to my fabia correctly

Cheers

my.php?image=dscf0357xt2.jpgimg410.imageshack.

• 1 month later...

I’ve finally got around to fitting the rclick replacement c/locking kit to my 2000 Fabia 1.9Tdi Elegance. Yes, this model does have remote central locking as standard but my control unit had failed and the local Skoda dealer wanted £300+ to fit a replacement.

I’d been unlocking using the key but the double unlock to open the passenger doors

(or pressing the unlock on the inside of the driver’s door) resulted in setting off the alarm siren and making the hazards flash until I turned the key in the ignition. :thumbdwn:

Took the fuse out of the alarm siren to avoid disgruntled neighbours and lived with the flashing hazards.:thumbup:

Thanks to Jon Wendzina for his excellent guide and for his responses to my personal emails back in January when I first explored the replacement kit option. Taken me 4 months find a free weekend and pluck up the courage to fit it.

I thought I’d share my experiences and also try and tap into the wealth of knowledge

to try and overcoming the issues I still have outstanding.

I recommend Maplins for the resistor and for spare Scotchlocks connectors.

The biggest problem I had was feeding the white wire through the door opening and

then wiring it into Pin 5 with the yellow and blue cable on the door plug.

Ended up feeding a wire back into the chassis from the door opening rather than the other way round. Fitting into Pin 5 ended up being just wedging it into the plug with the yellow and blue cable pin holding it in.

Wise to test the system before you put all the dash back in place.

Was well please when my first test for locking via the remote worked and all doors

locked. The unlock worked but only on the driver’s door. A second press of the unlock button did not release the passenger doors. Unlocking the passenger doors

using the unlock on the inside of the driver’s door still sets the hazards flashing (and

presumably the alarm siren if I were to replace the fuse).

Does anyone know how to overcome the missing passenger doors unlocking via the remote?:confused:

Hoping by resolving this I’d get rid of the flashing hazards.

There’s certainly a few unwired cables in the wiring harness for the rclick c/locking

unit. Some I believe relate to boot unlock and auto-window closure but I’m not bother about these functions.

Maybe I need to disconnect the original fault c/locking control unit but I don’t know

how to or even where it’s located.

Another quirk I experienced was the next day when I actually drove the car out.

About 2 minutes after pulling out of the drive the car locked all four doors and the

unlock button on the driver’s door would not unlock them. Luckily the door handle

pull did let me and my passenger out when we got to our destination. Not had this self-induced locking since so hoping it’s a one-off glitch.

I’d appreciate any further help here and thanks for all the postings on this subject

that have allowed me to get this far.

• 5 weeks later...

Mick! I am so happy you're getting there. Thanks for the thanks :)

It sounds like the cable's not in properly (i.e not enough voltage is getting through?) By the way the green cable which is the auto window closure is SO EASY to install. It's very useful and turns heads :P

All you do is just (at the box), wire the green back into the cable that does the door locking. I'm not sure why it works, but it does. It just send a further 20 second pulse to the door locks and the car recognises this signal as window closure.

Regards

Jon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for a clear and informative guide - it was very easy to follow. The arrangement of the wires on rclick's system has changed since the guide was written - ignore the position of the wires and follow the colours.

For those who don't know the assembly of the trim panel inside out (as I didn't before I started), a couple of tips: you can disconnect the headlight switch more easily if you pull it out first: with the switch at 0, push the switch inwards, turn it to the sidelight position then pull it out and disconnect the wires; the diagnostic connector will push out by using a knife to push the clips free. It's probably easier to do this before you start unscrewing the dash.

I'd suspected that the indicators not flashing would have been due to the wires that the brown wires were connected to were too thin, but the Haynes manual says that connectors 14 and 16 are the ones required to get the indicators flashing.

Next step is to see if I can get a remote boot release sorted...

(Octavia) Boot Open Switch (input): Connect to the BROWN/BLACK wire at pin 15 of the CCM module. Alternative is to check and connect at the boot light.

On the Fabia, the brown/black wire is pin 3 on the red connector next to the one with the indicator wires on the convenience module.

However, it looks like the Rightclick kit needs the jumpers on the back of the remote module arranging correctly. If you put the jumpers the wrong way around, it'll roll the windows down half way when you open the car (not sure why). One's supposed to be for the trunk release polarity and the other for the time you have to hold the trunk release...

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Excellent post but money it tight and I'm thinking of this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230451013857&ru=http://shop.ebay.co.uk:80/%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4031.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D230451013857%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_3245wt_1164

I have used one of this cheap type on my wife's fiesta a few years ago and it did the job quite well. Would these instructions work for a felicia? What's the resistor for? And did it come with the original pack?

Regards

T

Hi, i have an octavia year 2005 and i am installing remote central locking too

just a few questions:

1.when opening the door, there are 3 connectors and as i know the middle one is for the motors and it has 4 wires, 2 thick ones are power and the other 2 are the comand wires. am i correct? :)

2.central locking is negative type 2?

3. does it need an 180 ohm resistor for locking and opening, and if it is true, why there are 2 command lines?

hope some1 can help :)

Regards

p.s.

(sry for the bad english)

• 9 months later...

Hi there,

I'm installing the rclick alarm into my Fabia and having a few minor issues. Firstly, the indicators don't flash when I lock/unlock the car, but they do when I press and hold either of the buttons.

Secondly the system LED doesn't flash when I arm the system. I haven't gotten around to mounting the siren and wiring it in yet, could this be the reason? Does the system some how know I've not finished the installation so doesn't bother working properly

Excellent post but money it tight and I'm thinking of this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230451013857&ru=http://shop.ebay.co.uk:80/%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4031.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D230451013857%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_3245wt_1164

I have used one of this cheap type on my wife's fiesta a few years ago and it did the job quite well. Would these instructions work for a felicia? What's the resistor for? And did it come with the original pack?

Regards

T

Here's pretty much everything you might need to know about remote locking in Felicias: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/172084-felicia-remote-central-locking-guide/

The Felicia uses a 3-wire system with positive pulses on separate lock and unlock wires - if that kit supports this system then it should be fine. I don't know the VW-based cars, but I'm happy to take Felicia-related questions from anyone ;)

apparently all my issues are due to a faulty box. They are sending out a new one which should be with me tomorrow. 10/10 for customer service, but sadly lacking in build quality, as I have read many posts over the internet of faulty units from rclick. Possibly why they are so cheap. Shame considering that what they offer in their systems is quite good really.

• 6 months later...

Hiya. Great thread so far, any update on the transponder guide?? I only have 1 key and it doesn't have a light in it. I don't want to tottally destroy it and not be able to start my car!!

• 4 months later...