List of cleaning stuff

mikebh50

Hi

going to give my 05 black fabia vrs its first going over only had it since saturday and have been reading all the threads on here and ended up with a headache.But this is what i think i should use so any input would be great.

1)new sheepskin wash mit (2 bucket wash method) using Meguires NXT shampoo.

2)Meguiers scratch x to get rid of all the light scratches.

3)Autoglym super resin polish.

4)then a coat of Collinite 476s.

not to sure about using the clay thingy yet as knowing my luck i will f the paint up.

Also is it in the right order?

Mike.

Yup the list look's pretty good, although you could probably do without the AGSRP, but this will help mask some marks as it does have fillers in.

The collinites is great stuff, last's ages and gives wonderfull beading - but if you like waxing your car it can be annoying -- it lasts far too long ;)

I'd only hit bad areas with the scratch x - its only a local treatment tbh rather than a product to do the whole car with.

The AG SRP is a great, easy to use product that does contain fillers to help give that deep shine you long for. If you are prepared to break into a sweat, I can personally recommend AG Ultra Deep Shine - works wonders on the black magic and does what it says on the tin - but its hard work to remove.

Claying would be a good step to - really does prep the paint for the polish - works wonders. The Sonus Green is a mild clay, used with a 50:50 dilution of Megs Last Touch QD and water, keeping the area nice and lubed, you'd be hard pressed to damage your paint. As long as you don't drop the clay on gravel :rofl:, and turn it fairly regularly, you'll be just fine.

It might be worth using a cleaner fluid as the penultimate step before the Colinite - HD cleanse, or Megs paintwork cleaner are both recommended - they ensure the paint is nice and clean, almost giving a key for the wax to cling to - and hence the wax will be more durable.

For the wheels, do the same as the car, but you may need to use an acidic cleaner such as wonderwheels for really stubborn marks. You can use such products in confidence, as long as its only occassionally. Then, instead of the Colinite, seal with something like Poorboys Wheel Sealant, and they will stay a doddle to clean for months - I like to use a couple of coats.

For the black bits of the bodywork - quick shout for my favourite product - AG Bumper Care. Its a nice gel thats so easy to apply it'll take no more than a couple of minutes to do the whole car - its childs play, but the finish is awesome and very durable. Its great on mirror housings, rubbing strips, the grille slats etc.

Think thats about it. :thumbup:

Another product worth having in your collection is a tar remover - dead handy for the bodywork and the wheels. I tend to keep it close by when claying the car, but then mine is white! :)

after AG SRP you could try a sealant like AG EGP.............it will make the beading last for ages and It does make my fab look better.....:thumbup:

I agree, and I use EGP at the moment because I had some kicking around - its a joy to apply, but its not all that durable imo, certainly not compared to the Colinite. The beads aren't as tight either, but thats just my experience - it is however a decent product! :)

EGP is a good product but as Tom said does not last anywhere near as long as collintes or provide as good beading, depends on what you want really.

Having used both I would use Colinites

the last time I used AG EGP I used it as a sealant, The stages were:

AG SRP, AG EGP (Left for 1 Hour), MEG's #7 Show car glaze (Top Stuff) then topped off with Collinite 915 (The BOMB, worth double it's price)..........turned out way better than expected but I was Cream Crackerd after finishing.............

EGP is specially designed to go over SRP and it is as previously said a sealant.

It should ideally be layered with a 24 hour gap between layers and then put the Collinite over the EGP.

The sealant and wax willl only seal in any imperfections you've missed so spend as long as you can put up with, with defect removal, a clay session is a must and Megs Quik Clay is a good beginners set.

The more shine you get the more you will see marks in the paint if you haven't prepared it enough.

• 2 weeks later...
EGP is specially designed to go over SRP and it is as previously said a sealant.

It should ideally be layered with a 24 hour gap between layers and then put the Collinite over the EGP.

The sealant and wax willl only seal in any imperfections you've missed so spend as long as you can put up with, with defect removal, a clay session is a must and Megs Quik Clay is a good beginners set.

The more shine you get the more you will see marks in the paint if you haven't prepared it enough.

:iagree: