Guess what I'm collecting tomorrow?

AT 2 pm tomorrow i'll be signing on the dotted line for a more or less fully loaded race blue Octavia vRS TDI :D

It's not mine it's SWMBO's but I'm on the insurance (naturally) so i'll be taking it out for a razz in the afternoon :thumbup:

The dealer has been really good getting the car ready to drive away tomorrow afternoon as the temporary Fabia is being reposessed by the outlaws :finger:

I did the 7 day free insurance as they suggested so a cover note could be emailed to them this morning. Zurich quoted me nearly

Cheers chaps,

Naturally I will post some pics when it turns up as Race Blue doesn't seem to be a popular choice of colour and I thought it might be nice to show you all what it looks like :rofl:

My L&K is being delivered a week on Monday, my neighbours will be doubly pi$$ed come a week monday :rofl:

I won't be driving it too much unfortunately as it's SWMBO's car but i'm sure i'll be allowed the keys if i'm good.

The word "remap" has entered a few conversations of late as well :D

The standard torque will be a shock considering I've been driving with 175NM for the last 3 months :rolleyes:

I presume you are still loving the "Superchips effect" Paul?

Off to the rolling road session on Saturday at JKM.

With some trepidation, I might be driving a PD160 for all I know :o

But she has only done 1,200 miles so another 8k to go before she really loosens up!!

If it's anything like the 2.0 derv lump I had it was at least 15000 miles before it really came to life. It was a dead equal match for my brothers Astra CDTI 150 once run in :thumbup:

Good luck on Saturday

Got it!!!

What a car!!!

The torque is fantastic!

I had to prise SWMBO out of the bloody drivers seat to get a go in it!

Dealer was spot on, the car is perfect, spec is correct, all paperwork is correct, couldn't have been any smoother :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=15902&stc=1&d=1184966608

attachment.php?attachmentid=15903&stc=1&d=1184966735

attachment.php?attachmentid=15904&stc=1&d=1184966735

attachment.php?attachmentid=15905&stc=1&d=1184966735

attachment.php?attachmentid=15906&stc=1&d=1184966735

Note: picture 2 features the optional snorkel system fitted to the drivers side A pillar. What with the current weather conditions I just had to do it :rofl:

Yep no pics, but congratulations.

For me the boot is on the other foot. SWMBO has a Civic and has asked many times as to the exact date she has been penciled in to drive 'our' new family car. Given her driving style (nervous boy racer and former handbreak turn expert in a VTR) it appears she wont be getting a go in the near future. Alex is on the insurance, but that is merely a token gesture! Sexist?...I got a 2:1 in this particular area of my psychology minor, so i'd say common sense! :)

Paul

not sure what grit size is on there, the wife drives it! :rofl:

I'm surprised you aren't shopping round for a new front pair for yours yet :D

Almost.

My mate spent Tuesday evening driving it sideways around Kennedy Gardens (a sort of long roundabout in Letchworth, home of the original roundabout don't cha know?).

He was disbelieving in the ESP keeping the car on the road whilst hooning it more and more aggressively around the corners with ever louder screetching.

I tried to convince him not to tempt the ESP's parameters, else it would eventually fail at the point the laws of physics kicked in and we crashed/died.

He did enjoy the drive though.

Almost.

My mate spent Tuesday evening driving it sideways around Kennedy Gardens (a sort of long roundabout in Letchworth, home of the original roundabout don't cha know?).

He was disbelieving in the ESP keeping the car on the road whilst hooning it more and more aggressively around the corners with ever louder screetching.

I tried to convince him not to tempt the ESP's parameters, else it would eventually fail at the point the laws of physics kicked in and we crashed/died.

He did enjoy the drive though.

I know Kennedy gardens, I used to go to school in Letchworth and I used to live in Stotfold :thumbup: The first roundabout (IIRC) is just down the road from there, Broadway and Spring road? it's been a few years so i may be wrong :o

You are going for the 4 tyre refit then? :P

I didn't know the vRS would come with kickplates and floor mats so that's a nice bonus

Yep, looks very nice :D

Cheers :thumbup:

It's not really mine, it's the wife's little shopping car :rofl:

Mine arrives monday week :huep:

I know Kennedy gardens, I used to go to school in Letchworth and I used to live in Stotfold :thumbup: The first roundabout (IIRC) is just down the road from there, Broadway and Spring road? it's been a few years so i may be wrong :o

You are going for the 4 tyre refit then? :P

I didn't know the vRS would come with kickplates and floor mats so that's a nice bonus

Small world - I grew up there (well it took 29 years to escape!)

There is a now a signboard on the Sollershott East/West - Upper/Lower Broadway - Spring Road roundabout proclaiming its significance! (Built C1910)

roundabout.jpg