My order may be cancelled ! What are Skoda playing at ?

1) They are unable to supply the 17" wheels without the sports suspension due to setup, speedo calibration etc at the factory.
In the car configurator on the Belgian Skoda website you can now choose either 17" Pegasus alloys with the sport suspension (EUR 485 extra on Elegance), either without it (EUR 365 extra on Elegance). Lyra wheels are still EUR 320 extra on the Elegance version.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get just the Pegasus wheels for British customers...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone says you can't get a part/add-on/wheels without having X fitted, what about crash repair?.

If you stuff up some alloys that need replacing is Skoda going to say "sorry, you can't have some replacement alloys unless you buy a new car with suspension pack"? Of course not, the repairer will source whatever he needs to replace on the car.

Did you and your dealer sign the agreement for this car to be supplied with the extras?

Yeah. It says Vega wheels to be replaced by Lyra wheels or something like that on the order form

Personally I like the harder ride, but even I *could* have had normal suspension on my elegance order.

Was via lex, and it was the sourcing dealer that gave me the option, as quite a few people didn't want sports suspension. Apparently there IS some way of ordering it straight from the factory.

I'd agree with the others. See what Skoda UK say first, but if no joy get your deposit back and find another dealer!

Yeah. It says Vega wheels to be replaced by Lyra wheels or something like that on the order form

We are forever being told that if you signed an agreement, then you are bound by it, so surely, is the dealer.

It's not your fault if teh salesperson is not upto scratch. All he had to do was either check with a colleague or ring SkodaUK ad it would have saved you this unfortunate incident.

Nearly as bad as some of the teenagers you see selling tvs and the like in Currys. Hopeless.

Bit of an update. Chris from Skoda UK called today just before 6 and left a message on our answering machine.

I spoke at length to him this afternoon and also pointed him in the direction of this thread.

Nothing to report yet but he's going to investigate and get back to me on Monday.

Fingers crossed Skoda can come to the rescue ?

Blimey Nick,

This is turning into another episode of 'Eldorado'.

Having read the thread so far I see no rational reason for the dealer not to be able to supply the wheels you want. Although, I reckon you would struggle to get a jumbo box on a vRS without the other 'pieces' of the options jigsaw, the wheels on your car should be a simple switch over. Still what is rational about buying a new car these days, a minefield of possibilities which in the end mean that you opt for a trusted local dealership for perceived peace of mind.

The money issue is fully understood at my end as I had to forego the Jumbo Pack myself, due to my new son and master!

I would agree dealers do compete to get your cash, I talked to a dealer in Liverpool who offered to beat my Mitchells deal. I am sure they would have done, but by how much. 50 quid?

My inclination would be to confirm what other people have suggested. Tell your dealer you are going to walk and go to another one if they can not deliver the car they agreed they could. Put it in writing as this can help focus the mind too!

If you are unsure you can contact the CAB or Trading Standards re your agreement.

I suppose I am stating the obvious but, for crying out loud, are they are so inflexable that it results in the loss of a sale??

I would defo speak to Skoda Uk to clarify exactly why it is such a problem, and hear it from the horse's mouth. (oh, sorry you already have!)

I have every sympathy, it should be so hard to stump up the right amount of cash and get what you asked for in the first place. 'It's so depressing', as Marvin the Paranoid Android might have noted as he shuffled of to view a selection of alloy wheels at Halfrauds.

Good luck and best wishes,

Paul.

Thanks Paul :D

Hopefully Skoda will win the day in the day. I'll know in the next 42 hours or so ;-) Then I can have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster to celebrate with perhaps a bit of Vogon poetry to relax ?

Nick

Well would you believe it ?

Went down to Bickertons this morning because SWMBO had not seen the Vega wheels in the flesh.

Guess what ? Yup.... She likes them !!

Women .......

It's no wonder they live longer than blokes is it ?

Well would you believe it ?

Went down to Bickertons this morning because SWMBO had not seen the Vega wheels in the flesh.

Guess what ? Yup.... She likes them !!

Women .......

It's no wonder they live longer than blokes is it ?

Well that's a problem solved isn't it? ;)

Well that's a problem solved isn't it? ;)

Yeah .... Told Nick at Gordon Lambs and he sounded as relieved as me.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I can now get back to looking forward to our new motor !

Nick

Yeah .... Told Nick at Gordon Lambs and he sounded as relieved as me.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I can now get back to looking forward to our new motor !

Nick

:rofl::D Bloody women eh? Why do they always have to cause grief in the first place :thumbup:

did you ever get a reply from skoda uk?

No. I left a message on their answering machine saying everything was sorted.

I just wanted to get everything back on track ASAP when I had the green light from the missus.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys , i tried searching a pic of the Lyra alloys but i did not find any pictures in this forum or skoda website . I still havent seen how good/bad the alloys look ... Could somebody please post a pic of the alloys ??

Thanks .

Hey guys , i tried searching a pic of the Lyra alloys but i did not find any pictures in this forum or skoda website . I still havent seen how good/bad the alloys look ... Could somebody please post a pic of the alloys ??

Thanks .

http://www.skoda.co.nz/showroom/octavia/Octavia_Specs_May_2007.pdf

second page down has all the wheels lined up.

glad you got it sorted in the end, shame the sales bod didnt know where to look in the brochure really. it could have never been such a drama for you both :)

http://www.skoda.co.nz/showroom/octavia/Octavia_Specs_May_2007.pdf

second page down has all the wheels lined up.

glad you got it sorted in the end, shame the sales bod didnt know where to look in the brochure really. it could have never been such a drama for you both :)

I think a lot of the confusion was caused by the new brochure that had just been released but the dealer had not at the time.

First class service since however.:thumbup: