Skoda VRS audio question

Hi, just joined, bought a 1 year old VRS Octavia today.

I have a question though, the other used Octavia VRS I have seen have a centre console and aux input in there, the one I have has no big centre console and no sign of an aux input but the aux controls are in the radio.

Is it just a matter of removing the radio, fitting a fly lead to a connector and mounting it somewhere convenient?

The Radio is a Stream unit with a 6 cd changer in the boot.

Thanks

You don't need to take the radio out. If it has a Stream then it's no go, if it has a Stream MP3 then you could add it.

Just look at the model name on the fascia.

A radical idea? Ditch the Srteam unit and get a quality Head Unit that does all that you want it to. Check out this post for some ideas:- http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ice-security-insurance/upgrade-07-octavia-stereo/83854/

Is your mp3 player an ipod? If so one of the guys in my office has a gizmo that he plugs onto the bottom of the ipod and then tunes the radio to a set frequency (101.5 FM) and bingo - connected and listening to all his music.

Or is this what you have already when you say "oh well, I have a transmitter that I can use for now."

Hi, yes, I have a FM transmitter but you still get some annoying hiss/crackle with interferrence in traffic, etc.

I am looking at a Stream MP3 currently on Ebay and have asked the seller if he has the code for it.

But as you say, if it goes for silly money, then it would be best to look at a decent system.

Thanks

I am looking at a Stream MP3 currently on Ebay and have asked the seller if he has the code for it.

Thanks

If the seller hasn't got the 'code' for it, you can get it via your Skoda dealer with the serial number of the stream unit and the VIN number of the car it came out of.

As a guide on price; they are about

I found the one you are refering to on ebay and at the current price I'd rip his arm off for it, however, there are still 6 days to go :o !!

Even if he owned the car it came from he wont have the code, unless he has been to the dealer and specifically asked them for it as the code is recorded into the cars ecu. If you buy the radio, it should just be a case of visiting your dealer and asking them to obtain the code from Skoda, which you just enter as normal into the hu.

Yep, I have a feeling I won't get a reply from him, its not urgent, I can get by with the FM transmitter for a few weeks until I make a decision.

What is interresting is seeing other members having had the cruise control retro-fitted, something to think about :)