price of new key

I agree with Rich. Buy a blade and get it cut - some people on eBAY can do this from a digital photo of the blade!

Then just buy a second hand key, and Robert is your mothers brother. :)

You then need to get the immobiliser transponder part programmed to your car, this will need to be a dealer or Automotive locksmith with the right gear.

...or vagcom (if you have your skc), or vagtacho.

SKODA OCTAVIA FABIA SUPERB REMOTE ALARM KEY FOB on eBay Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 16-Aug-07 13:27:42 BST)

one example :D

some more:

eBay.co.uk - HLO 959 753 AG, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles items at low prices

also worth considering that the "AH" version also works - on my 2002 vRS the third "boot" button does open the boot on it's own too, the lock and unlock functions obviously work as normal.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for your help guys. who would i get to cut the key? a normal keycutter or garage?

I used the guy on ebay who does it from a digital photo, service was excellent.

• 3 months later...

If its only down a gulley grate these are normally trapped like a sink (ie the water outlet is higher than the base of the gulley pot so that heavy crap collects in the pot rather than going down the outlet) so if you know which oe it is you could go back to it, lift the grate and have a fish around - you might just save yourself a lot of hassle and money!

If its only down a gulley grate these are normally trapped like a sink (ie the water outlet is higher than the base of the gulley pot so that heavy crap collects in the pot rather than going down the outlet) so if you know which oe it is you could go back to it, lift the grate and have a fish around - you might just save yourself a lot of hassle and money!

Its been there since July though!

Someone seems to have resurrected an old thread

Its been there since July though!

Someone seems to have resurrected an old thread

Doh!! - Never spotted the date - Apologies everybody!!

Out of interest, would a 3 button fob work okay on my Octi vRS, if my original is a 2 button? I can't find any 2 button fobs on ebay but quite a few of the 3 button types :(

yes it will.

HLO 1J0 959 753 AH is the one you want.

the boot release button may or may not work it seems, people have reported varying experiences - mine (2002) unlocks the boot on the 3rd button.