LV? Not for me :(

Ah, all is now clear. I thought that LV might have a thing about not insuring furry-neers, but it must be the wooden leg that they don't like. :(

Kenny, as Confused and Elephant are the same company, aren't you a bit concerned about that price variation? :rofl:
Confused have given an elephant-sized quote, so what's the problem? :confused:

Kenny, as Confused and Elephant are the same company, aren't you a bit concerned about that price variation? :rofl:

Confused.com are just a crappy portal to a few insurance companies. They suck. Much better to do your own legwork and phone direct ...

Phone direct and if you've had a better quote, tell them - they might knock it down a bit. Alternatively, if you're a member of any club or certain employers (e.g. NHS) see if anyone does discounts for you. And check what discounts you can get as a Briskodian... :D

After phoning lots and lots and lots and lots of insurance companies, brokers and agents I had no choice but to accept Adrian Flux's proposal. Most do not quote on engine modifications, and those that do can not even come close to the

With LV's website, there's no option to say if the car is modified - how does the quote differ if you declare mods to them on the phone? Or is the price online what you pay?

Once again...

Forget the online quote and call them. But if they have a previous online quote from you on file, then that's the quote you get on the phone.

Call them first !! :)

When I rang LV at my last renewal the agent asked how their quote compared with others I had received - I don't know if that meant they were prepared to do a deal or if they were just doing market research...

Steve,

last year the LV online quote was completely different to the over the phone quote. This year it is the same...for me anyway.

What calling does is allow you, is to confirm that LV have no interest in mods what so ever unless you change the engine capacity. They just advise you to take photos and keep receipts for any mods done......I don't think you even have to ring them to notify of any changes.

Like I say my premium has gone up for around

I went on the Tesco insurance website earlier as i have about a month before my renewal and it would be cheaper for me to insure a 1.8T L&K hatch through them than it would my 1.6 the difference being around 200 quid can anyone fathom that out?

450 to insure the L&K

650 to insure my 1.6

Bizarre