A very large repair.

My freind from work has an identical ;) fabia vrs to mine.

At the weekend we both noticed large amounts of black smoke, loss in power and oil ****ing from the egr.

Basically he took it to the dealer who said the turbo had blown its seals and contaminated the air system with oil. The bill he signed for SUK was just short of

He is but he always warms the car up and cools it down. He drives like his right foot is made from lead but i wouldnt say he abuses the vrs.

Bit like me then! Please pass on my sympathies. I'm going to drive like a Grandad from now on, perhaps i should get an SDI instead and put spoilers and VRs badges on it.

Honestly, a repair bill like that would wipe me out. Is covered on warranty?

My EGR valve died leaking oil, that too was replaced under warrenty.

Mine too. Getting it replaced tomorrow under extended warranty. :thumbup:

Then getting it turned down so it doesn't do it again.

lol... I got BryanD to turn mine right down when I got the new one in too! :thumbup:

Heh, excellent. :thumbup:

Did it have the desired effect? I take it no oil spewed since it was done?

Not that you have the car anymore. The Fiat one probably wont go wrong.

Instead the windows will randomly open/ close and the lights wont work. :P

Heh, excellent. :thumbup:

Did it have the desired effect? I take it no oil spewed since it was done?

Not that you have the car anymore. The Fiat one probably wont go wrong.

Instead the windows will randomly open/ close and the lights wont work. :P

it was fine after that, the car smoked less too :)

well wierdly enough with the fiat,I have my first problem, I've got to have a new drop-link on the ARB fitted, because it's knocking...... this is a common fault with the vRS, but they never died on my vRS! :rolleyes:

Loving all the ;) ;) :rofl:

I say your friend is a lucky man! :thumbup: Tell him to treat his car with a bit more respect and perhaps if he wishes to tune it a bit, should consider a few more "preservation" mods to help. This is what I've done and I'm left with a nice reliable car (apart from pd100 stock bits which break sometimes :rofl: )

it was fine after that, the car smoked less too :)

well wierdly enough with the fiat,I have my first problem, I've got to have a new drop-link on the ARB fitted, because it's knocking...... this is a common fault with the vRS, but they never died on my vRS! :rolleyes:

Interesting. I've read that EGR increases smoke but no-ones ever confirmed that turning it off had a positive effect in that regard. Nice. :)

Drop links are a common one on so many cars now I've found. 2 of my BMW's needed em, my Xantia needed em and the vRS seems to munch them.

Turning down the EGR seems to be a must if this is the case. It's only to reduce NOX and a smidgen of CO2 which aren't covered by MOT's on diesels anyway. :rolleyes:

SUK are getting hammered though for warranty claims at the moment. I've given them some stick recently, as it would appear has 'Johns friend'. :D