Furby's first accident :( (update on engine too!)

Irf

Hi guys,

Had my first proper accident today. Nothing major, just paint damage on the rear passenger side wheel arch and door. Was absolutely gutted that the rest of the car is pretty much mint and dent free apart from this area. The guy was trying to pin the blame on me but I stayed reasonably calm and requested his insurance details etc. He ended up driving off. Must have been the luckiest guy on earth, would have flattened him with a single punch if he hadn't closed the door as he was driving off :mad:I wouldn't have been so bothered as I'm sure I can machine most of the marks out and get chips away or someone to touch up the rest but its the fact that the guy didn't give me any details and was trying to blame me. I got the registration number of the car and gave that to the emergency services operator.

Pics here of my car and the other vehicle involved included below. I've included the statement I've given to the Police below too, saves me typing the whole story out again and it's 3.30 am. Had to go back to Liverpool to get my documents and come back here. Got my uni dissertation in for Tuesday too. Really lost the will to live right now :rofl:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

As for the engine, the GT17 turbo from the PD150 engine has been fitted, along with the Forge FMIC and the EGR has been totally removed now. The water feeds have been connected in a loop. The car feels a lot smoother, but I'm sure I need a new remap. The Revo one is doing a good job but in 2nd gear where before I used to floor it at 2k rpm I used to get a huge punch of power. Now the delivery is much smoother and power comes in at 2.5-3k rpm. I'm loosing power at the top end too. The car is maxxing out at 130-132mph on the speedo whereas before it used to get to around 140. But overall I'm happy with it and will wait a month or two until I get it remapped again. I asked Superchips in Buckingham for a custom mapa nd they was

sounds like to me that the kids in the back un-restrained were jumping about. this berk looks around not paying attention to see what theyre doing not realising that he had drifted from his lane and into you. then he panicks knowing its his fault trys blaming you and knowing theres no way thats gonna work decides to make a run for it.

edit note: no wonder insurance is getting so expensive withe people like this on the roads who have such minimal skill

First of all mate - local saying that I want to say to you sincerely - "better the damage is in the metal rather than in you!!!" (Thank Goodness no-one hurt).

Hope you got a pic of his car...Likely he got distracted while driving - what a nasty person! Hope he gets done for leaving the scene of an accident (that is a crime isn't it??)

Nice work on the engine - hope to see your remap RR results up there with the other modders on the forum....

Cheers

Bas

If you happened to have a camera in the car, did you get any pics? Good idea to have one of those disposable cameras amongst the stuff in the car for just such an unpleasaneness....

Hope the Police nail him but good....

Good luck

Bas

Similar thing happend to me in Worcester when a van hit me on a roundabout, an old woman driving a Transit (Now there is an accident waiting to happen), she got really nasty and her thug of a son had a crack at me (Which ended up in him falling over and breaking his nose...honest), they were both blatantly ****ed. I went to the police and they even took paint samples after a 2 hour statement marathon, saying it was a terrible thing.

They then did sweet FA about it and after six months they couldn't even tell me what progress there was. :thumbdwn:

I found out where she lived and passed by. The next day it looked like someone had superglued the locks/door handles up, let the tyres down, and written "Mobile Sperm Bank" on the bonnet in marker (White van)

Childish? Yep, who ever did it needs to grow up.

Illegal? Probably but being as the Police ar obviously crap I doubt who ever did it was worried

Satisfying? They probably has just cause and are probably well happy ;)

Similar thing happend to me in Worcester when a van hit me on a roundabout, an old woman driving a Transit (Now there is an accident waiting to happen), she got really nasty and her thug of a son had a crack at me (Which ended up in him falling over and breaking his nose...honest), they were both blatantly ****ed. I went to the police and they even took paint samples after a 2 hour statement marathon, saying it was a terrible thing.

They then did sweet FA about it and after six months they couldn't even tell me what progress there was. :thumbdwn:

I found out where she lived and passed by. The next day it looked like someone had superglued the locks/door handles up, let the tyres down, and wrote "Mobile Sperm Bank" on the bonnet in marker (White van)

Childish? Yep, who ever did it needs to grow up.

Illegal? Probably but being as the Police ar obviously crap I doubt they were worried wasn't going to worry

Satisfying? They are probably well happy ;)

Way to go! :thumbup:

Far better than burning up your insides tbh....:rofl:

Damn that sucks, good to hear you've got the car up and running again tho.

The fact that he did a runner shows he was at fault IMO. I think I would have hunted him down if that had been me and given him a piece of my mind.

Decron.....just lol :rofl:

Bad luck mate atleast its nothing too major at least.

If all else fails Decron's mate might help you out if you find out who they are :D

sounds like you could well be dealing with an uninsured driver!

Exactly what I thought. Total ballache. I wish you the best of luck with recovering the repair costs. What did your own insurance company say?

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies :thumbup: I've got the registration number of the vehicle and gave the statement etc to the Police. They said they'll look into it on Monday, just hope the other guy doesn't disappear before then. The guy at the Police station asked if I still worked in car insurance or do I have mates there as they could trace the vehicle owner. I replied that FSA regs etc have changed in the last 2 yrs and details are not as easily available. Plus if I did get the other drivers details, what could I do? Turn up at his doorstep and give him a slap? :rofl: Going to ring my insurance today and give them the other car registration number. Really annoyed as I've had no non-fault accidents or at fault accidents whatsoever and even if this does go down as being non-fault and the other party coughs up, it'll still show up on my record.

To be honest I'm not too fussed over what happened, the damage is fairly minor and even if I do have to cough up it won't be too expensive. At least if the car does go in for repair the wheels can be refurbished at the same time. National Tyres damaged two of the rims back in February and they said they'll pay to get the sorted but I've not had time to get all four wheels done in one go.

VRSpirit: I'm not sure what the driver was doing but when the guy pulled up after I could have sworn there were at least 4 kids in the back seat and 2 on the front passenger seat? All aged around 5 years old :eek: No child seats or nothing. Maybe he had an international licence and was new to the roads, I'm not sure.

Basil: I totally agree, someone's health is more important than a bit of metal. Just glad the impact was not at a higher speed and the kids were ok. I took pictures with my camera phone of the damage to my car and his. They are in the first post.

Lummox: P401 MOH. Go get em boy! :rofl:

VRStu: There were other people around but unfortunately didn't get anyone's details. Nobody bothered to see what had happened and I don't think anyone even realised there had been an impact.

Decron: LOL sounds like a plan! Thing is I'm not an aggressive person, I train 5 days a week and do a bit of martial arts but never been in any fights. The guy wasn't being aggressive to me and I just wanted to keep both of us as calm as possible. He did try and get angry when he was putitng the blame on me but I told him what was what and he shut up after I kept on asking for his details.

schrickvr6: It's tempting to find out where the guy lives and go round to see him. It's still an option but I want to keep everything above board at the moment.

Cheekymonkey: You got your new car yet? The wheels and Milltek do look great on the car. Wheels need a refurb though due to my inability to park and National Tyres :rolleyes:

Imperator: Going to ring my insurance now :thumbdwn:

Hope it all gets sorted asap mate...

After all that farting around, I didn't get a 350z in the end. Picked up a BMW Z4 Coupe instead. After driving a whole load of similar cars, it's the one that ticked the most boxes. Am not going to mod this one though... or at least that's the plan at the moment!

Hope it all gets sorted asap mate...

After all that farting around, I didn't get a 350z in the end. Picked up a BMW Z4 Coupe instead. After driving a whole load of similar cars, it's the one that ticked the most boxes. Am not going to mod this one though... or at least that's the plan at the moment!

Very nice! Although a set of 19" AC Snitzer (sp?) wheels sould suit it well :thumbup:What's it like compared to your old Furby?

True... a set of wheels always makes a difference.

It is very different to the fabia. Much faster, sounds great, handles much better - the dry weather grip is amazing... in the wet it is good fun! I love the seating position as it's so low down and you're looking over far too much bonnet! Economy is pretty good - am averaging about 30mpg. Build quality is good, but I do have a rattle that is due to be sorted. Skoda I would say are on a par with BMW when it comes to build quality/fit and finish.

All in, I'm very happy... but then I should be given how much it cost in comparison to the furby! I still have a soft spot for the old car though... it's living on through yours now! ;)

D

True... a set of wheels always makes a difference.

It is very different to the fabia. Much faster, sounds great, handles much better - the dry weather grip is amazing... in the wet it is good fun! I love the seating position as it's so low down and you're looking over far too much bonnet! Economy is pretty good - am averaging about 30mpg. Build quality is good, but I do have a rattle that is due to be sorted. Skoda I would say are on a par with BMW when it comes to build quality/fit and finish.

All in, I'm very happy... but then I should be given how much it cost in comparison to the furby! I still have a soft spot for the old car though... it's living on through yours now! ;)

D

I've seen Z4's in the showroom. Never liked the Z3 but the Z4 looks so much better :thumbup:Keep on enjoying it, wander what your going to get next. Skyline? ;)

My brother got a 335d recently. I found the difference in build quality between Skoda and BMW to be very different. His car feels solid (although it is newer), with better quality materials etc. Our Merc on the other hand is about the same as Skoda! Always has problems of sorts. It must feel weird when you see pics of my car, it looks exactly like your one did :D You chose your mods well on your furby though :thumbup: