octavia vrs diesel

Hi drove a vrs tdi today, lovely car, just looking for info from people who have one , do they think they are economical ?, good car ?, ......have petrol rs at moment and am planning to change in January :) thought it was a cracking car to drive.....:rofl: ,

cheers, Con:D

Here is a link to an earlier thread on the subject;- http://www.briskoda.net/forums/new-octavia/octavia-vrs-diesal-compaired-2petrol-vrs/83234/

and copy of a post I put on it:

"If you are thinking of changing what factors are pushing YOU to the vRS TDI?

For me, as I considered both before buying a TDI, they were (not that I had a vRS TFSI first mind you), in no particluar order;-

1. Lower CO2 emissions to give lower Company Car Tax - saved

Having one also myself I get 40mpg and a sturdy road holding car to boot, it isone of the best cars I have owned, I had also had the MK1 vRS and it is better than that & feels more solid.

Sometimes I actually think it holds the road better than my weekend Scooby, but it is a diferent car obviously.

cheers 4 the feedback drove tdi 170 the other day ,i was well impressed so going 2 order one in october 4 jan just got 2 check out best deal with dealers looking forward 2 it already cheers conor

Hi Connor

I have the Diesel VRS 8 months now 31,600k on the clock.I live in cover Donegal,Sligo, Leitrim as a rep.40 MPG easy and the best car I have ever had.

Great on the road bag's of poke when needed.

cheers 4 the feedback drove tdi 170 the other day ,i was well impressed so going 2 order one in october 4 jan just got 2 check out best deal with dealers looking forward 2 it already cheers conor

You have a PM