Pranged Fab vRS - sympathy and advice needed!

Came home last night to find the driver's side rear light of my midnight black vRS stoved in, and a diagonal three-inch crack in the bumper, about three inches in from the main corner curve.

Turns out a bloody courier van clonked it when turning and, when my neighbour, who was passing, challenged him about it, he just drove off....

In a way, seems the car got off lightly, but am annoyed.

Am currently chasing the (rather large and well known) firm for a pay-out to fix it all, and have been quoted

No reg number, alas - my neighbour didn't catch it in time. That said, GPS tracking on all the vans and two witnesses might help me in my protest! Am awaiting the fabled call back from them...

Cheers for the support!

S

Happened to me with my old Vauxhall Astra. A pair of c.h.a.v.s in a stolen van ploughed into when it was parked in the street.

They left their front bumper behind with the number plate on it!

Didn't make much difference because their van was stolen and uninsured, but the insurance company paid up after a while.

You should be ok.

I assume that the courier company would have a log of deliveries that would place the particular van and driver in your street at the time your neighbour witnessed it and the van would i assume have damage where it struck your car.

As said earlier report it to the police as a failure to stop.

the thing is still... its your word against their's? (or is it other way round) as with no proof, i dont think there is much they can do, as anyone can blame another car hitting?

dont get me wrong im not taking sides... ok my aunt was smacked into by taxi one time, she got all ins. details, home address and number etc... and accepted it was their fault. She rung to get some quotes and rung back in a few days and they denied all responsiblity! Their taxi was immaculate, can't believe how quick they get stuff fixed these days an all... anyways in the end, she couldn't proof it even though having details, so ended up paying out herself on own insurance.

But, i hope u do get the guy who did this grrrr

people who do this really get my back up. i remember a few years ago me and my grandad went to stay in a b&b in tenby, wales for a week. we had just arrived and i was looking out of our window on the third floor down at the sea view and our car parked on the street. saw a white transit come round the corner thinking hes going to hit our car aint he and sure enough took f/n/s light cluster right off. then dissapeared in a puff of smoke. i agree with what people have said get the cops on it and the eye witnesses do help

I agree with all who say call the police. Delaying now could cause problems if you have now joy with the courier company and decide to contact them later.

Besides, to drive off like that is out off order. Calling the police is the only way some people will learn.

And also remember that a lot of couriers are only "Franchise" holders for th emain company so not necessarily have a record of tracking as they may be doing deliveries not disclosed to the head office!

I would call police ASAP

Had a little chat with the police today (due to my accident) as we were waiting for the recovery truck. Basically they said that the number of hit and runs is something that really annoys them and they will go after people if there is some evidence to suggest who it was. A witness would be a great help there IMHO.

Hope you find out who did it so you can keep your insurance clean :)

Cost of repairs is sky high when you factor in labour, paint, parts both visible and hidden. Kinda worried mine will end up too costly :(

Cheers all for the advice. I spoke briefly to a local station on Fri evening and they said I can come in and make a report, but because I didn't call the night of the incident (because I had to wait to find out what my neighbour saw) he couldn't give me a crime ref number over the phone.

And, yeah, I'm hoping that cos there's a witness (and because the courier firm knows there is one too), it should all be easier to sort out.

In meantime, got a dealer quote (around