Is this acceptable?

Pulleyn's is no more. It's been taken over by some new guy I believe.

I wouldn't be particularly happy with my car being taken out at all unless it was a fault being tested and adding double figure mileage is ridiculous.

I had heard that it was going to be taken over a few weeks back when they rejected my rear window warranty claim. :mad:

To be honest it can only be a good thing as they were totally useless there with me.

The people on the desk didn't have a clue and the service guys gave me back a broken car twice.

Sheffield may be the next one.....failing that Dewsbury, although isn't that the one with the lying service manager? "My brakes are warped"........"no they're not they're fine"....

:rofl:

I had heard that it was going to be taken over a few weeks back when they rejected my rear window warranty claim. :mad:

To be honest it can only be a good thing as they were totally useless there with me.

The people on the desk didn't have a clue and the service guys gave me back a broken car twice.

Sheffield may be the next one.....failing that Dewsbury, although isn't that the one with the lying service manager? "My brakes are warped"........"no they're not they're fine"....

:rofl:

No that was halifax :thumbup: I use dewsbury for parts so dont really want to fall out with them over servicing because they are really handy and phil on parts knows his stuff:thumbup:

We once made the mistake of buying a Pug 206. On one of the many visits to the dealers the mechanic was caught speeding in it.

Back on topic - I would for sure report it to the Police as stolen, whilst on my way to the dealers. As far as you are concerned you have entrusted them with it and 20 miles away is excessive for a road test.

I am genuinely shocked by this! in future i will be checking my milage before i leave my car at my dealer...Words can not say how angry that makes me feel!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Sont take any cr@p grab them by the short and curlys and ...well i dunno ...go mental!

Everytime mine goes in I reset trip computer 2, note the mileage and also the fuel tank predicted figure plus gauge position.

Gave the dealership hell first time around for obviously racing the car from the dealership to the workshop. Car had covered a total of 3 miles but was reporting an MPG of 19 and the fuel predictor had fallen 60 miles. I know it's never 100% accurate but I knew from experience it would only change that dramatically if the driving style was harsher.

Manager was sincerely apologetic and promised to have "words" with his mechanics. In fairness since that incident I've not had anymore issues.

If I was in your position of seeing my car out and about and not believing there is any justification, I'd be taking no excuse from the dealership, demanding compensation and contacting SUK to register a formal complaint.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ill be collecting my car on wednesday it seems now and have told the service manager i would like to have words with him.

He knows the situation and knows how ****ed off i am (pardon my french) so hopefully we can come to some arrangement. Unfortunatly ;) i have alot miles to do this weekend so i expect to take the roomster back with at least an extra 800+ miles on the clock. All 800 driven in a "spirited" manner :rofl:

Unfortunatly ;) i have alot miles to do this weekend so i expect to take the roomster back with at least an extra 800+ miles on the clock. All 800 driven in a "spirited" manner :rofl:

Good effort. Perhaps there is a trackday you could attend this weekend for good measure???

Unfortunatly ;) i have alot miles to do this weekend so i expect to take the roomster back with at least an extra 800+ miles on the clock. All 800 driven in a "spirited" manner :rofl:

I've wondered; how long would it take a Roomster to drive from Land's End to John O'Groats?

The last lube only service I had, the garage took it for a test drive? I asked why and they said just making sure all was ok, they said "you wouldn't be happy if on your way home you found out it had no oil in, would you" Didn't know whether to laugh or be angry. Said he used the handbrake to "clean the rear discs" as if it was a favour.

I let it go but wasn't happy. It was a 15 minute drive, not 40 miles.........

I'm not popping out to check the book at the mo as I'm in my dressing gown, oh sod it, it's not too windy and it's dark...

Right, my Octy service book requires that the car has a road test at each service, so a brief drive is not unreasonable.

I've not seen it in the Octy book anywhere, but when I had a BMW 316i E30, the manual specifically recommended driving a short period occasionally with the hand brake pulled on to clean the disks and pads, so it's not a mad (or I'd suggest even undesireable) activity, just good practice.

Of course, if they're taken liberties with the car with a long journey and/or handbrake turns then you'd be right to get upset, but a properly conducted road test with disk clean shouldn't concern you unduly.

Just showed the start of this thread to my dad. Many years ago he owned a Vauxhall Viva which he took in for a service in Ware. At lunchtime he saw it driving around Hertford and it was fairly obvious it wasn't a mechanic at the wheel.

When he got back to the dealer that evening he looked at the clocks before going in and found it had 50 miles added. After a brief discussion where the garage initially claimed it couldn't have happened, the bill was cut in half. I expect my dad's notepad of the mileage he did each day probably helped.

A few years back I had a Fabia with a recurrent engine problem in. I knew the service manager was running it home every night to try to get the issue to appear so was not surprised when after almost 2 weeks it had 400 miles on it - similar to what I put on the loan car. When I got the car back it was full of fuel and had had a full valet.