Rear Speakers on My 1998 Felicia *help*

Well...first of all...Hi Ya'll....i just bought a Skoda Felicia 1998 and well...since i got a craze for music i want to improve the sound of music in my car...so i'd be thankful if anyone could give me some details on how to implant wires for my rear speakers....and exactly what kind of speakers would be good....

speakers that get "fitted" or speakers that get "screwed" on the "thingy for the trunk so stuff doesn't fly to the back of someone if you get in a crash" <-don't know what that thingy is called in english...

Sincerely, DJOli - Iceland...

there should be some wires for the rear speaker allready connected to the back of the radio, they are terminated behind the front kick panels in the front footwells, it should be easy to splice on some wires and run them to the back of the car from there

They reckon you are extracting the urine - taking the Mickey, being sarcastic et al. I, however, reckon that your are merely a visitor to our shores who uses American English.

I have recently had various bits of my car apart with the express intent to replacing my speakers etc. The way to get to the wiring for the rear speakers is that you open the front doors of your car. Running lengthways from front to rear you will see a bit of plastic alongside the seat on top of the sill (bottom part of the door). Have a look at this and you will see that it overlaps the kick panel indicated by the red arrow in the pictures above. Using a lever of some description (I used a flat bladed screwdriver) go to the front of the sill panel and gently lever it up slightly. You’ll feel it give and lift up. When it does, have a look under this panel on the kick panel and you will see a cross head screw (commonly called a Phillips head screw). Undo this and it will allow access to the area behind the kick panel. On the drivers side of a right hand drive car the connector for the rear speakers is hanging loose. The passenger side connector is tidied up by a bracket. They are easy enough to find. Have your stereo on and you will be able to hear when you disconnect your front door speakers. The rear speaker connectors are exactly the same. All you need to do is use a connector to these wires (I’d recommend cutting the wire, putting a useful connector on – not the Skoda one – and suitable connectors on your speaker wires) and gently pushing the wires underneath the various bits of trim on the way to the back of the car.

As for what speakers, well – the world is your oyster. On advice of a Briskodian I fitted half decent component speakers to the front of my car and it has improved the sound no end. You can find a rough guide to speakers here. I think I may even just go for a subwoofer in the back of mine to beef up the bass. The bit of trim you referred to as stopping stuff coming at you is called a Parcel shelf. You can cut into those and mount a pair of 6 x 9” speakers. You have to be aware though, that these are easily stolen….

A good set of component speakers up front may make the difference you want, although there isn’t a lot of room for creating a decent bass reproduction.

HTH

S

okay...thank you very very much for clearing that out for me....dammit it thought i was going to go mad or something...anyway....yeah....thanks for giving me those details & thank you all for Commenting!.

Sincerely, DJOli

The rear speakers in my Felicia Combi are quite good, but maybe there aren't similar sized "blanks" in your hatchback. If they are, you could get these speakers out of a good scrap estate.

The rear speakers in my Felicia Combi are quite good, but maybe there aren't similar sized "blanks" in your hatchback. If they are, you could get these speakers out of a good scrap estate.

The back of the estates are quite different to hatchs - they have additional space for rear speakers, which the hatchs don't

and uh...then again onto "clipping" that triangle thingy into place...my dads' trippin and wants me to put that triangle thingy covering those wires back into place....

some help please...