Ipod in Roomster

I have just ordered a Roomster Scout which should be delivered around the end of September and had some questions about the audio set up.

I understand you can plug an Ipod (or any MP3 player) into the jack socket next to the handbrake, am I right in thinking that using it this way means you have to control the song selection e.t.c direct from the Ipod still?

Skoda also do a Ipod interface kit which plugs in somewhere behind the glovebox, using that could I control the player from the car stereo or steering wheels controls?.. and would the song name e.t.c. appear on the maxidot display?

The jack connector is audio only.

The Skoda Ipod interface doesn't support ID tags so won't display song titles but you should get control via the head unit. Not sure about the steering wheel, if you have CD skip or track skip then probably yes.

Just to let you know, you can't get steering wheel controls for the stereo on a Roomster. The optional controls are on a third stalk on the left hand side of the steering column!

Thanks, yes that is what I meant and I think what I have ordered :)

OctaviaT81 - What engine/trim/colour did you go for?

1.6 petrol manual, polar blue metallic with panoramic sunroof, climate control, electric rear windows, maxidot, steering wheel controls for radio, third rear headrest, passenger airbag off switch, bike holder for the boot, heated front seats and adjustable armrest.

Guess I might have to change my username, although I'm keeping the Octy too for the time being :)

What about yours, and do you have any pics?

Silver (which I'm regretting now - wish I gone for Polar Blue!) 1.9TDi Scout with two-tone grey dash plastics (which I'm also slightly regretting now, wish I'd gone for black).

Ordered July 13th, delivery expected September 13th.

Extra I nearly plumped for was the MP3 interface kit (which after reading this thread, I'm glad my hunch was right and I didn't go for it) but I did end up going for:

Factory:

Maxi Dot

Climatronic

Rear Parking Sensors (Not for me, you understand!!!)

Dealer supplied:

Mudflaps all round

Interior bike holder rack

MP3 jack to jack lead

In the previous brochure, the Scout wasn't listed as having locking wheel nuts but in the latest one it does, which saved me the emabarassment of ordering those as well. But, I have been living under the misapprehension (until I saw your post) that the passenger airbag off switch was standard :-(

Perhaps when we're both struggling with the rear seating arrangements and trying to get the bikes in, we can compare notes again!!

I think silver would have been my second choice. I think the silver or polar blue both contrast nicely with the darker grey plastic cladding.

I went for the full black interior which I am sure was the right choice, don't like lighter grey car interiors so much.

Passenger airbag off switch is not something I will probably use but I just rather have it than a blank switch plate, lol.

Only other thing I would have liked was the 17in wheel option but they are not available in the UK :(

You should get yours a week or two before mine arrives so I'll look forward to seeing pics and hearing your opinions!