Car options

Welshy

Hi here is a list of cars which Im interested in the monthly price includes insurance/maintence/loan repayment/servicing/Tax & MOT for the 4th year (4 years ownership). These are brand new cars and all are specd having Metallic paint, USB I pod interface & on the 3 series saloon the luggage through system (drop the rear seats) & 5 year service plan for the BMW's.

Done in alpha order

BMW 118D 5door M Sport

123D personally, if someone else was paying!

The 330 is just a bit big and heavy to be fun, great motorway car though.

Really just depends what you want from the car.

Mini Cooper S is more economical than some of the cars on that list so dont discount petrol cars in this day and age either.

I also saw a very nice black 54 reg vRS fabia on the way down with 4 up (so rather than look like it was on stilts it looked very nice indeed).

I think Im getting to a conclusion here..... vRS Fabia is Probably going to be it far cheaper to buy has enough toys looks good in Black or silver IMHO

MPG the sales man said if "giving it some 25mpg" otherwise 30mpg combined.

My mate has one (bright orange :rolleyes: not for me) he reckons 25 combined or 17 giving it some. He does a lot of urban driving and thinks his average would be 22mpg.

But yes recaros are very nice, boot is big. The voice activitated stuff is kewl and interior is quite nice. Sounds the nutts too.

Bit confused as to what you need. You have an Audi avant in with a mini cooper and dervs with turbo petrols.

I've driven the 140bhp A4 4 door and it was nice but nothing special for the money.

Friend of our had a Cooper for a few years liked it but wasn't as reliable as they hoped (maybe just unlucky)

You'll spend a lot of time getting Renaults fixed and wishing you'd bought something that doesn't squeek and rattle.

Out of that list I'd have a 300d with leather in a heartbeat but I'd look at the Seat and the Skoda Octavia too.

Mate of mine reckoned that there wasn't enough boot space in the Leon he bought a Mazda 6 instead.

You've said no to a 3 door. But you've included in the list the Mini Cooper D, and the Clio 197????????

The only way I see it is, if you buy either of the above cars, in regards to the Petrol, tyres, running costs, servicing and the usual which would mean

x2-1x2-2x+1ab2+3a3b-5ab

+

x3+1a + b + 1a - b x2-1 x + 1

Then based on that, you might not be able to afford either. :(

Just check with the BMW's that you are not best off ditching the M sport package and optioning uo how you want it. You can still get sports suspension etc, and certainly on the 5 series the package seemed expensive for what you got.

My Mazda dealer told me they're trying to shift a few Mazda3 MPS's before September. The ones with the full aero pack and uprated suspension.

They've dropped the price from

I notice Kia are missing from the list?

Chris

I know and Ive been looking through the Kia Brochure on the weekend and it really is a great car - the downsides are only 115bhp & 200lbft (ish) 5 speed so revs at 2300rpm @70mph yet still achieves 55mpg with only 400miles on the engine.

Its a really good car however I feel that I need more speed potential than this has to offer even though what it does have is really good enough.