Fabia VRS mpg

I know this could be classed as a''how long is a piece of string'' type question but what mpg should my wife expect to get from her 2006 Fabia vrs.She's not got a heavy right foot & I've just replaced the air filter but try as we might we cant get over 50mpg is this about the norm.icon5.gif

Thanks in advance, as I'm sure someone will answer

I know this could be classed as a''how long is a piece of string'' type question but what mpg should my wife expect to get from her 2006 Fabia vrs.She's not got a heavy right foot & I've just replaced the air filter but try as we might we cant get over 50mpg is this about the norm.icon5.gif

Thanks in advance, as I'm sure someone will answer

it depends a lot on the journeys that are done , and under what conditions , i.e. short shopping trips and the engine wont get warm , standing traffic also kills the mpg

Absolutely - short journeys = bad for MPG. Long journeys, if driving at NSL can be very economical.

I wouldnt consider a derv for short journeys in fairness, whereas for the longer ones it's really quite relaxing :D (unless you're in a brisky mood hehe)

It depends on how long you're driving for and what you're doing. In an 04 plate VRS I get around 50-55 and i'm reasonably heavy. Girlfriend's mum in an SE get's nearer 60-65.

You shouldn't really struggle be struggling to get a 50mpg+ readout.

I have been testing my mpg this week and driving like a old granny i get about 52mpg driving 30mins up and down hills ( b roads - NO straight roads or motorways)

Driving normal I get about 45 - 47.

I have to feather touch the acceleration pedal to get high mpg but i feel like a granny :eek:

On a 05 plate i get an average of 55mpg to a tank with the od journy peaking at 64mpg, but to achive that you have to have a buisy but flowing A1!

Most of my journys consist of 90% "motorway" and 10% "town" driving. If im driving 100% "town" im looking at 35-40 MPG.

Be interesting to work out the actual MPG rather than reliing on the aparrenly genrous computer readouts. Ill dig my calculator out :thumbup:

Average 47ish on A roads and back lanes but that's pressing on quite a bit. Easily get into the 50's on a motorway cruise.

Also, the change from Michelin tyres to Goodyear F1's and Toyo T1-R's has probably cost between 5-10 mpg (when we had a 'mini fuel crisis' some time ago I went two weeks without filling up - was getting into the high 60's by not so much touching the throttle as using the earth's rotation and wind power :D)