vRS now decatted!

Had my exhaust system decatted today and I have to say I am acutually pretty impressed :thumbup:

The noise on tickover is still a quite burble and it is only when the turbo kicks in that the noise starts (same as before the cat was removed).

The car does feel a bit quicker lower down in the rev range and the pick up also seems to have improved.

Strangley (I am hoping someone can explain this) the turbo whistle is a little louder and sounds at a slightly higher pitch - answers on a postcard!

All in all a great little mod and one that keeps me grinning from ear to ear! :D

All the best

If you still have the kkk standard turbo be warned, my "mates" turbo went pop and i blame the de-cat "he" alegadley (sp) had on at the time. :D

It does make a hell of a difference though, i was well impressed until it went pop ;)

the lower down shove is from the turbo being able to spool quicker, less flow resistance etc in the exhaust.

If you still have the kkk standard turbo be warned, my "mates" turbo went pop and i blame the de-cat "he" alegadley (sp) had on at the time. :D

It does make a hell of a difference though, i was well impressed until it went pop ;)

the lower down shove is from the turbo being able to spool quicker, less flow resistance etc in the exhaust.

I better be taking it careful for a bit then!!! I'm looking at a Sach's clutch set up in the next couple of months so hopefully the car will handle the power a bit better. Rolling road to follow the clutch - will see what the figures are!

:bigcrowd: Everyone if any1 knows about tuning its Devonutopia, I recently went to Newbury meet and his fabia is mental!! "to say the least"

:eek: :yeahdude: :happyface :revs: :wow:

If anyone with a fabia vRS wants to know what they can do I strongly recommed you ask devonutopia!!! :nx:

His fabia has a 2inch straight flow exhust, boy does it look, sound WICKED

oh and the word is the fabia vRS don`t need a cat!!

How do you go on at MOT time? how can you get through the emmisions test without the cat??:confused:

Because they don't test for emissions - they test for smoke. ;) And they do the test in neutral so unless a vRS is running really badly, it will always sail through a smoke test. Mine does, and that's saying something. ;)

So, would an uprated turbo go pop with a de-cat any more or less than a standard one?