Windows XP Service Pack 2

walkie

Hello,

Anyone know where I can download or can anyone send me Windows XP Service Pack 2?

My computer says I need it, urgently :rolleyes: and I've a few applications which will not work without it :thumbdwn: .

I've been trying to download it from Microsoft for days and it keeps timing out, other websites just link you to Microsofts download, so that's useless :(

Any idea's???

Urm - MS site hardly ever times out??

To be honest I would not consider downloading it from anywhere else really. You going for the network download version or the one you get when you hit windows update?

One option you've got is to search for the network download version on the MS site, that tends to be a very fast download (max speed virtually guaranteed) and it's a single EXE :)

It gets all to the stage of the download, then Microsoft just times out :confused:

I've tried every conceivable angle for approaching it, through auto updates (times out) and about 5 different area's of Microsoft's site (times out)

Nuts :(

So how easy is Vista to install for a complete novice? :D

Right, nothing will work, I am questioning whether my os is legit :rolleyes:

I didn't build my computer, I have no idea how lol

So.... Vista? I am tempted to pop out and buy it, is it easy to install, for a complete novice??

I have it on a disk here - service pack 2. Would you like me to post it to you?

Edit - actually I dont seem to have it, just looked. Vista is a doddle to install and use, even i managed :)

You can order a "free" CD (they'll charge you for postage/shipping) with the SP2 update from Microsoft:

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD

It could take a couple of weeks, so Shifty's offer probably much better.

Haven't used Vista yet, but if you go for that option you should carefully decide which version you need and check whether your PC has enough memory and porcessor speed.