Ebay and paypal

Chris

Suck...

Put my LG Prada on Ebay

Someone pressed buy it now, and paid via paypal.

I logged into paypal, checked it was all there and arranged transfer to my bank account.

I post phone, recorded delivery the same day I recieve paypal transaction

I look toay, to see if my bank transfer has completed to find that paypal have reveresed the transaction from whoever paid me, I ring them and they inform me that they have discovered it is a fraudulant transaction. They claim a report was filed at 7:05am of the day after I posted the phone (coincidence??) to say the user has noticed someone has been uisng a their account fraudulantly.

Paypal investigate and decide that is has been used fraudulantly and refund them the £310.00, leaving me phoneless and moneyless. They tell me I posted to an unconfirmed address and they will not reimburse me....

My theory, user pays me cash, waits for phone to be delivered, then files ith as been used fraudlantly and gets it all back. Having looked on ebay, the user has bought several of the hpne recently too.

VERY annoyed!!!

What's the address? Can we send round some friendly local Briskodians? :)

Got a link to the username? Have you tried the "find contact information" through advanced search facility?

Report to the local police to the area you posted to I reckon.

The way around this is to check the rating of the buyer on Ebay, check their rating on paypal (see if "verified" or not) and if in any doubt, hang fire until paypal credits your bank, not just when you get the email.

Also, check the postal name tom the email address, and if there's any kind of unfamiliarity, such as a different name, then be very suspicious.

Only thing left probably is gangland style retribution by some big burly looking briskodians (men or women :rofl: )

Edit: Message the other 3 neg feedback leavers, and ask which address they sent items to. See if they match.

Getting Jiffydunt's contact details will be pointless now, as I expect they will be genuine contact details. What address did the paypal email have on it? I really think the only way forward is investigate that address. If it was anywhere in Exeter I'd nip out for a look tonight - pick up some mates on the way.

This kind of thing annoys me more than some crimes which perhaps deserve more punishment.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS

You are leaving yourself open to scammers if you send anything the same day!

They always try it on with phones and other higher value stuff.

You can file a claim but I don't think you will ever see the money again.

I've been wary of selling items like this and have tried to process the payment transfer ASAP so the funds aren't in my Paypal account, not sure if that would stop them trying to dip into my bank account though.

I set up the transfer as soon as the payment hit my paypal account, but it takes 5-7 days lol! Posted to Ilford, london, and I have the proof of postage and the reciept to see who signed for it. The name is completely different haha. Nevermind, nothing I can really do, apart from report to the police. I have the address etc etc, but I doubt the plod will do anything.

I'm usually really careful, I have sold phones before and have never had any problems, apart from the obvious nigeria scams but I'm aware of those.

It was a nice phone too, I needed the cash though lol. Nevermind!!

I never send to anywhere other than verified addresses and names.

Also, the transfer out quick wont stop Paypal reversing a transaction. All that will happen is your account will become minus whatever if the transfer has been successfull to your account.

Then they'll chase your bank for it back.

Even though i have never had a problem with ebay or paypal, i will be waiting for the funds to be sat in my account from now on before sending.

That's the best way :thumbup:

I also send messages to buyers just to say thanks for payment to see if they respond.

This way you have a copy if they try and get a payment reversed for fraud ;)