Goochie's Monaro CV8

Goochie

When I was a teenager and on into my early 20's I was always a Vauxhall devotee and having had a Skoda and three Japanese cars since then, I've gone back to a Vauxhall.

Having viewed a few standard and modified cars I decided that I'd be going for a remap and exhaust on the car, so decided to take the plundge and go for one that had already been tweaked in a similar manner.

Vauxhall Monaro CV8 (Wortec) 5.7 litre V8 6 speed manual

2004 model on an 05 plate.

Metallic Phantom Black

Full leather.

Premium sound system.

Tracker.

Wortec remap to 390bhp

Wortec stainless steel exhaust (cat back)

Carbon fibre intake pipe

Rip shifter.

2005 model bonnet (with vents).

VXR rear lights.

Holden badges front & rear, inside door kick plates and steering wheel.

16654.attach

The average on the trip computer is currently reading 17MPG - thats with just a bit of trundling around town and a couple of B-road blasts.

Before I reset the trip, the previous owner had managed to average 22MPG.

As Jason rightly said, MPG really sint an issue - If a cared about that I would have got one of those 7million miles per gallon little Skoda things.

learnt to drive it properly yet? ;)

No - I dont have the time at the moment but young Christopher has pointed me towards some of his blue rinse mates to give me some tuition.

Apparently what I'm looking for is "Clarkson style" whatever that means.

It goes fast in a straight line though and even I can manage that. :thumbup:

No - I dont have the time at the moment but young Christopher has pointed me towards some of his blue rinse mates to give me some tuition.

Apparently what I'm looking for is "Clarkson style" whatever that means.

It goes fast in a straight line though and even I can manage that. :thumbup:

yeah but you would be taken like a king by a 2.0l furby on falken tyres

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it on not, no! The kitchen is still in the design stage as we're waiting on a few exciting new products to become available that we can use in there - meanwhile she's had the back bedroom re-fitted, the lounge decorated and will be having the remaining windows double glazed next month.

I suggested living in the car as it needs no renovation work but that diddnt go down to well :rofl: