Advanced drivers - advanced tasters....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh: staring straight at me, cheers.

Yeah funny lot those HPC folks! :rofl:

Speaking of which, I have a non-Skoda (:eek:) friend who is happy to give people tasters. He's in the Essex area and is an ok driver ;) so if you're interested, PM me and I'll pass you his contact details.

Chris

I'm quite interested in RoSPA, but I know I'm not a particularly good driver. So I'd definitely consider a taster, or even just a chat (as save for 'makes you a better driver' there's not too much info out there on what it's all about) before I give up on the idea.

Jon (TaviaRS) is not too far from you so he'll probably be happy to give you a taster session.

If you have questions/concerns then feel free to ask them and I'm sure we'll be able to answer them or find someone who knows. Maybe some of the people who have been out on the taster sessions can also help answer them too?

I completely agree about there not being much info and most people I've persuaded to do it start out saying "I'm not a particularly" good driver but when you actually sit them down and watch what they're doing, everything is there and it's just a question of sorting out a couple of bits. I've often found the hardest people to help out are the ones who believe they are Michael Schumacher and are resistant to learning....

Chris

But I AM Michael Schumacher! :confused:

Twould indeed be good to hear from some of those that have been on tasters - maybe a short review of what you did, and what you think you learnt, to enlighten and encourage those that are considering following ....

Edit: new thread for feedback here

Ive found even through roads are more congested these days (and since i got the octy) that driving is more of a pleasure than a chore and thats partly down to what ive learnt through various driving courses.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd definately be interested in a taster session.

I've thought about going for some advanced training for years as I've been told I'm a good driver, but I really want to hear it from someone in the know.

If there is anyone in Hertfordshire or home counties, I'm willing to travel especially as I'll be picking up the new car this week so will need to run it in. :D

Steve

I'm quite interested in RoSPA, but I know I'm not a particularly good driver. So I'd definitely consider a taster, or even just a chat (as save for 'makes you a better driver' there's not too much info out there on what it's all about) before I give up on the idea.

PM coming your way.....

• 1 month later...

I'm very interested.

I would consider myself to be a brisk, but safe driver, but i will state that i dont class myself to be a great driver, but okay.

I dont have the balls to drive like a 'loon' because i know i dont have the car control, but i would really like to learn how to drive safely and still make progress.

The road i live along (B4235) is used frequently by the Gwent police for advanced driver training, and i quiet often see a volvo making good progress, if i happen to come across one i do try and keep within watchin distance, braking points, road line etc etc. On a side note, copper once crashed his advanced driving lesson into my bosses field a few years back, he wasn't impressed :p

But I would find sighting spots (and whatever is in the learning curve) very very helpful.

And, at 21, My insurance premium wont go up for learning to drive better :-)

I live in South Wales, Near Chepstow

• 2 weeks later...