Yella

Hi all,

I'm booked in to have my 2001 Octavia 1.8T Elegance remapped by Revo. 150bhp to 207bhp for £250 can't be argued with!

I also have a banking dilemma. I forgot to cancel my standing order to my credit card and so I now have £100 credit on it. I either have to spend it or HSBC will charge me £5 to transfer my money back :finger: !

Anyway I now have £100 to spend so I could spend it on shopping and sensible stuff or I could get an extra mod to go with my new remap. Anyone got any ideas? I'm not too bothered if I go slightly over the £100 mark but it needs to be explainable to the missus so no more than £120!!

Not sure whether to go performance or appearance mods though.

I have seen some spoilers on eBay for around £60 quid and spraying should take that to the £100 mark but I'm also interested in performance mods but I want decent quality which can be difficult for £100.

All suggestions welcome.

And here's a pic of my soon-to-be sleeper:

DavesOctavia2.jpg

Unfortunately I'm paying cash for my remap. And that way I don't have the excuse to spend an extra hundred on the car!!

Sorry ed, arb? Having a dim moment, whats arb?

I would say an induction kit or decent filter to assist your remap in getting the best for the car.

Alternatively you could keep hold of the £100 for a couple of weeks to see if the remap highlights any underlying issues such as N75, MAF or DV. These can often appear to be working fine on a car but because the remap places extra demands on them a problem is highlighted.

I can't seem to find any english sites selling abd racing induction kits. Any ideas?

Impossible Performance in Kent is the ABD Racing importer. Ring Mike on 01634-710777, they are site sponsors, so you will get a good price.

I, and several others on her have them and they are very good, as are Carbonio.

nah the 57i is pish imo. have a look around on ebay for abd racings and the like. get a full induction kit as the 57i does not go down behind the front bumper

Fast ford(i think) did a big test on air filters from many different manufacturers be them sealed cold air intakes, con filters or panel filters and the K&N came out witht eh best power gain, these tests where all done on the same day on teh same car :)

Your best bet is to buy a forge 007p dv coz the map is gonna soon cause the standard bosch unit to fail, easy to fit takes about 10 mins tops.

Top dog m8 just what i was thinking:thumbup: Then a cold side fitting kit to make it last longer

Phil

Revo for £250 ? You sure this is a genuine Revo dealer because clones of there tool are out there now! Just be sure before spending your money.

Yeah that's cost price. Helps to have a Revo rep as a family friend!!

Your best bet is to buy a forge 007p dv coz the map is gonna soon cause the standard bosch unit to fail, easy to fit takes about 10 mins tops.

10 mins. i bet youve had experience with them before. i was fannying around for at least 20-30 mins to get the damn clips off