Was it available??

MarkieT

It's not Climate Control on the Fabia.

I thought it was just Air Con on the Fabia, where I know you adjust the Coldness (if that's the right term) buy turning the Temp Dial up can make the Air not so chilly, but believe that's standard on any Car with Air Con, where I'm sure you all already know that with Climate Control your able to set the Car to a Certain Temp & the Unit will then either pump in Cold or Warm Air depening if the inside Temp is hotter or colder than what's been set.

So now I'm afraid it's probably back to the question again, was Climate Control available as an extra on the Fabia??

Many thanks

MarkT.

I understand that it's not standard on the Fabia, but wondered if it was available as an add on on the Fabia? or was it just not available at all on the Fabia apart from the SE Model??

Cheers

MarkT

The answers on this thread seem to be representing the situation a little differently to how I had previously understood it.

I thought the air con in the fabi was semi-climactic / climatic? and this meant that you set the desired temp using the temp gauge and the desired fan speed using the relevant button (all maually). I thought the vehicle would then monitor cabin temp using a sensor down by the air con unit and adjust the temp of the air being pumped in accordingly.

Ok, thanks all for everyone's input & for clearing that up fro me.

Cheers

MarkT.

You think we've "cleared it up"!?!?!?:rofl:

You're very easily pleased then, I'm more confused than when you asked the original question.;)

sotonjoe is correct.

Three types of AC fitted by VAG

Basic AC - Just that, hit the button and its on.

Climatic (what the Fabia has) Sensors will monitor altering the mixture flap to try and regulate desired temp.

Climatronic (never fitted to Fabia) Sensors monitor the system altering temperature flap and position flap to keep cabin temp as desired.

sotonjoe is correct.

Climatic (what the Fabia has) Sensors will monitor altering the mixture flap to try and regulate desired temp.

Climatronic (never fitted to Fabia) Sensors monitor the system altering temperature flap and position flap to keep cabin temp as desired.

phew ... thanks for that.

My understanding was only based on what I'd learnt from fellow Briskoda members so I was sincerely hoping that this info wasn't false!:eek:

Really? Where is the cabin temp sensor located then? I have had a good look and I cant seem to find it. Also as someone who attempted to fit Climate control to a standard aircon car (a uk spec honda prelude) I can safely say that its not just a question of box out box in. To run proper Climate Control the system needs all sorts of different info like outside air temp, cabin temp and daylight sensing amongst others to work correctly. The fabia has none of these but our Octy, with climatronic does. I cant see how with the lack of info the system has it can be anything other than normal air con in the Fabia. Apart from a clever sales ploy by Skoda perhaps?

• 1 month later...
Really? Where is the cabin temp sensor located then?

I've been advised previously that it's one of the small grilles adjacent to the AC switch. That was after I'd suggested it might be the grille in the overhead light panel.

i only noticed this recently, my fabia regulates the temp for the foot wells, and sends cool air to the windows, and would slowly adjust it between the heat, it works pretty well and stops the windows steaming up. :) gets stuck on super hot sometimes though!:rolleyes:

i only noticed this recently, my fabia regulates the temp for the foot wells, and sends cool air to the windows, and would slowly adjust it between the heat, it works pretty well and stops the windows steaming up. :) gets stuck on super hot sometimes though!:rolleyes:

"they all do that" :rofl:

as far as i know, the climatic system only has one sensor, which makes it a bit of a pain on the mway, so when you come off the motorway and negotiate a roundabout, it disturbs all the air (which is unevenly heated) and causes the blower to heat up to try and raise the temp..

the full climatronic (thats not available in the furby) has temp sensors all over the cabin to regulate temperatuer

"they all do that" :rofl:

as far as i know, the climatic system only has one sensor, which makes it a bit of a pain on the mway, so when you come off the motorway and negotiate a roundabout, it disturbs all the air (which is unevenly heated) and causes the blower to heat up to try and raise the temp..

the full climatronic (thats not available in the furby) has temp sensors all over the cabin to regulate temperatuer

ahhh i thats a good point i just thought if i reved it too much the heating would just rise toa stupidly hot temperature! but come to think of it, yeah i see what you mean! its annoying tho! i like the fact i can have my window open and still stay warm with the heated seats! :P

sotonjoe is correct.

Hmmm, I'm not convinced that 'climatic' semi-auto air con monitors the interior temp and adjusts accordingly.

Are you sure the sensors don't monitor the air being blown out through the system and adjust the mixture flaps to keep it at the temp you've set?

My understanding is this;

Normal aircon- you just adjust the heater dial which adjusts the mixer flaps and you get out some air at whatever temp.

Climatic (like the mk1 Fabia)- you set the heater dial to the specific temp and it adjusts the mixer flaps to give you that specific temp. It keeps blowing at that temp for as long as it is on. Doesn't matter whether the cabin is cooler or hotter than your specified temp, the heater will still blow out air at that temp.

Climate control- monitors the interior temp and adjusts the mixer flaps and fan speed to keep the cabin at the temp you have set.

Climate control systems don't tend to have sensors 'scattered around the cabin' like someone suggested. There are normally just one or two situated on the control panel.

I can't say I've seen the grilles for the sensor in the Fabia vRS- where are they?

Hmmm, I'm not convinced that 'climatic' semi-auto air con monitors the interior temp and adjusts accordingly.

Climatic (like the mk1 Fabia)- you set the heater dial to the specific temp and it adjusts the mixer flaps to give you that specific temp. It keeps blowing at that temp for as long as it is on. Doesn't matter whether the cabin is cooler or hotter than your specified temp, the heater will still blow out air at that temp.

No - it measures the temperature inside the car. Get in the car on a cold day and set the heater dial onto "18" - you'll find it blows very hot until the cars's heated up then goes much cooler.

I can't say I've seen the grilles for the sensor in the Fabia vRS- where are they?

Refer my earlier posting in this thread