Felicia Saga

On Saturday I became the proud, if somewhat daunted, owner of a 1997 Felicia GLXi 1.6 estate in black. My first car on the road. Oh my Goth. In fact, yes, why not. I hear about people "Chaving" their cars so why can't I 'Goth' mine? Alchemy do a fine line in skull gear sticks.

So today was change all the fluids day. Oh the joy of having engine oil on my hands and gods you should have seen the state of the oil that came out of it. Yuk.

Tomorrow should be new front tyre day and check the spark plugs.

It has no major rust and drove the 14 miles home from the dealer. Not bad for £350.

Right. The breaks squeak a little so I'll need to take a look at them. However the 1.6 is supposed to be 75 BHP (I think, haven't got a Haynes-type-thingy for it yet). Feels more like 5. The 0 to 30 is terrible. Very little power. Seems to be quite a struggle to get there for the poor thing. Once it's at 40 plus it feels fine. Any ideas guys? Maybe the fuel filter needs changing.

This is fun.

definitely not the first ;) although you'll have to widearch it to keep up :p

you need new filters and spark plugs and a bit of injector cleaner through it, just sounds in need of a total service really. £30 should see allt he usual stuff done and then you'll know if its something more serious. never hurts anyway!

you'll be lowering it and painting the steels matt black im sure?

I gave my Favorit a (almost) total service recently and fuel consumption is much lower, I reckon I will more than make back the cost of all the plugs etc etc etc in petrol savings.

I have seen skull valve caps in poundland I think. Not sure if it came with door lock pushers or not, but I'm sure those would be available somewhere. Perhaps you'll be able to find a cool centre brake light sticker somewhere too. Good luck with the 'Gothing' :)

Hi Folks, Im new to list and after a diesel felicia,

CEI,

I hope this should help you with the Felicia.

I think Your 1.6 had the VW Golf engine fitted

Specific Engine Checks for Skoda Felicia (1995 - 2000):

AreaWhat to look forWhat it meansWhat to do1.6 Petrol & 1.9 Diesel Engines

Check the paperwork to see if the cam belt has been changed on schedule. On most engines the cam belt must be changed within 60,000 miles.If the cam belt and associated parts (such as tensioners) have not been changed, and the mileage is over these boundaries, the cam belt is likely to fail soon. Usually the engine has to be replaced or at least re-built after a cam belt failure.Ensure that the cam belt is changed before the car is driven anywhere if it is coming close to its interval. Changing the belt will cost £170.

ThermostatWhen the engine is warm, turn it off and turn it back on again.If the engine won't start when warm the thermostat needs replacingNegotiate a £50 discount or have the repair completed.

Throttle body Check that the car accelerates without hesitation and doesn't stall when in traffic.If the car struggles to accelerate or stalls the throttle body needs replacing.Negotiate a £150 discount or have the repair completed.

ahha you see,

I am gothy. Gothy the Ch*v slayer

anyway it sounds awesome goth it up!

dont be put off by chavvy cars with sound systems, that are not set-up properlly because they don't represent them properlly.

I love listening to cradle of filth on my sound system.

Off-white (bone colour I guess)- French vanilla

Dark gray- Tropic Fresh

Blue - Outdoor Fresh

I was hoping for more suitably named scents ;)

I saw a great car at tredegar house's annual classic car rally, the displayer called it "dracula's hearse" but cannot remember the car it was based on, tried searching for it on the net but can't find any pics or any info.

I think the felicia goth is a fab idea!!!

Rammstein sounds great in my felicia with some new speakers in front doors and a small sub in the back!!

I think... some tinted windows... black wheels, flames on side coming from front wheels, how about a sub box shaped like a coffin?, skoda badges replaced with skull badges?, black curtains in the back like a hurse?.

Theres loads you could do to it.....!!!

Wow! So many cool ideas guys. Thanks. I really do hope the cam belt is okay. Can't afford that one yet. It's all going to have to be done a little bit at a time as I haven't got a job at the mo.

Oh yeah, found a version the Smurf song by Rammstein. No, really. Played it to my German friend when she was standing on a chair changing a light bulb. She nearly fell off said chair. Appears, what a surprise, that the lyrics are not the same as the original ones...

Today I have mostly been wearing WD40, P38 and primer. What a way to spend a birthday (loved it).

I found an air freshener that looks rather a lot like a Tochlafane. Couldn't resist. Oops, just outed myself as a Dr Who fan.

Hee

well with a nice exhaust and air filter you will beat all the saxo's, clios, corsas, novas, etc.

my standard 1.6 felly does anyway!

would love to see a goth'd one,

I may even do the same! but with a difference no one likes to have the exact same car.

Hee hee. Thanks for the happy birthdays.

Todays entertainment is discovering that I need a new breather hose. Can't do anything to the paintwork as it keeps raining.

It now has cobra head valve caps that a friend gave me for said birthday and I found a nice black 'n' tribal tax dish holder.

I just had to fish one of my cats out of the car. She'd jumped in when I popped the bonnet and fell asleep in there. Fortunately I went back out to check something and there she was, nose pressed to the window, looking very worried. Shame I forgot to take a picture, really.

Curses, the hose won't be delivered until Tuesday.