Coming Home Lights retrofit

graeme86

• 3 months later...

A kindly gentleman in the Czech republic has posted up the actual wiring diagram for the coming home lights (and the puddle lights for the mirrors) in this thread:

Skoda Superb wiring diagram? - Škoda Community - Diskusní fórum o vozech Škoda Auto

You may have to register to actually view the attachments in the thread....be warned...it may take a while to work out how to do this as the registration page is only in Czech!

I'm afraid this device and a few others on the Superb are gimmick territory - what I'd give for a clear round analogue clock which tells the time, all the time instead of that useless bl***y trip computer. A rear wash wipe would be good too.

rotodiesel.

Ah, like my old Rover 75. If you think that the Superb is bad you should see the current Discovery. The nearest thing it has to a clock is a narrow, one-inch-wide analogue display in the corner of a screen behind your left knee. Thirty-five grand (or more) and you do not even get a clock.

Ok ... This also works on a 06 Superb Elegance ... and like most others I wasn't even aware it was available on the car ...

Does anyone know how to turn off this feature now that I have it working ?

So ... does anyone know how to disable this feature ?

I meant "how do I de-activate it ?" rather than disable it ... Bascally I followed the procedure mentioned in earlier posts to check if the feature was available on my car, and now I'd like to "de-actiavte" this feature ?

Thanks again ...

I meant "how do I de-activate it ?" rather than disable it ... Bascally I followed the procedure mentioned in earlier posts to check if the feature was available on my car, and now I'd like to "de-actiavte" this feature ?

Thanks again ...

:confused:

am I asking a very silly question here ???

before I read this post I had no idea that my car had this function and my car did not keep the headlights on when I got out of the car. Now after testing to see if the function was available my headlights remain on for 30 secs when I exit the car (only if it's dark).

But I would like to set the car back to the way it was, and not have the headlights remain on when I exit the car ?? So how do I undo or de-actiavte the coming home feature ?

Does that question make sense now ?

thanks ...

am I asking a very silly question here ???

before I read this post I had no idea that my car had this function and my car did not keep the headlights on when I got out of the car. Now after testing to see if the function was available my headlights remain on for 30 secs when I exit the car (only if it's dark).

But I would like to set the car back to the way it was, and not have the headlights remain on when I exit the car ?? So how do I undo or de-actiavte the coming home feature ?

Does that question make sense now ?

thanks ...

Makes sense now but I think this is different to mine in that they only come on when I activate them? If I don't flash my lighted before I get out of the car then they won't stay on............:confused:

• 6 months later...

Further update to ths.

If your car is fitted with this feature then you may also have an extra symbol on top of your indicator stalk!

It has a special part number 3U0 953 513 D 01C but operates identically to the normal stalk - it just has an hourglass symbol on top:

3U0953513D01C_tn.jpg

Further update to ths.

If your car is fitted with this feature then you may also have an extra symbol on top of your indicator stalk!

It has a special part number 3U0 953 513 D 01C but operates identically to the normal stalk - it just has an hourglass symbol on top:

3U0953513D01C_tn.jpg

Good work.........I have that symbol on my stalk............:thumbup:

Further update to ths.

3U0953513D01C_tn.jpg

Interesting. I don't think I have this on mine, but I have the coming home lights.

I thought we'd decided it was a standard feature anyway? :confused:

• 3 months later...

I just wish to clarify a couple of points regarding retrofitting this factory relay.

Firstly, does anyone with factory Xenons have this feature fitted???

If so, does it still operate the Xenons or does it operate some other light i.e. foglight?

Secondly, does it work at all if the lights have not been on previously? There seems to be some mention in the manual that the lowbeams should have been on for a certain period prior to switching off the car, for this system to operate. Maybe someone can confirm this with their car?:)

I was actually going to use my foglights instead of my Xenon low beams, but I was wondering now whether the "low beam" connection on the relay also initially senses that the lights were on previously (with a built in timer or something?). I was going to run the feed from pin 56b on the relay (which is the "output") to my fog circuit instead of the low beam circuit. Now I am thinking that maybe the relay needs some connection to 56b to also initiate it (even though you just pull the high beam switch to actually start the sequence).

Thanks for any insight.

:)

I just wish to clarify a couple of points regarding retrofitting this factory relay.

Firstly, does anyone with factory Xenons have this feature fitted???

If so, does it still operate the Xenons or does it operate some other light i.e. foglight?

Secondly, does it work at all if the lights have not been on previously? There seems to be some mention in the manual that the lowbeams should have been on for a certain period prior to switching off the car, for this system to operate. Maybe someone can confirm this with their car?:)

1) This works with factory xenons too - and uses them.

2) Don't think there's a minimum time limit - just need to be on, so you can turn them off!

:thumbup:

1) Thanks.:thumbup:

2) Doh!!!:rolleyes:

I was reading the quote from the manual posted above.

Totally misunderstood what they were saying. Obviously you need to turn off the lights first (if they were on).

I think I may have mistranslated the original German site I found too. I think it should be that the lights have to be off for 10 seconds before you can activate this system (presumably so everything in the lighting circuit is 0 V so the relay will activate properly).

I'll get my coat.:rkick:

Edited by graeme86

I think I may have mistranslated the original German site I found too. I think it should be that the lights have to be off for 10 seconds before you can activate this system (presumably so everything in the lighting circuit is 0 V so the relay will activate properly).

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. When I use them I "flick the switch" almost straight after I've turned off my headlamps, at least within 10 seconds anyway.

By the way - my conclusion is that this is a standard feature on Superb's - it seems that both my own and Rotodiesel's poverty spec cars have this fitted and AFAIK the only option I have is, er, pearlescent paint...