vRS owners'club?

yann

I was at Chatsworth rally show yesterday (was anybody else there?), it was very good. There were apparently some big names and to see them driving was spectacular. Even the "older" ones have still got the skill, talent and enthusiasm required to impress. There were all sorts of cars, little old ones and powerful modern ones. It was a good show. I also enjoyed walking through the car owners' clubs stands. The Evo one was cool.

So that made me wonder if there is a VRs Fabia (I own an SE) owner's club in the country? After all, there was an Audi A2 one...). That could be fun, a bunch a of VRs, including SEs at a motorsport event somwhere :thumbup:

:) There is the Skoda Owners' Club G.B. which welcomes members of all types and ages of Skoda.

We are more than happy to set up a vRS meet, and of course BriSkoda members are welcome too.

Sorry if this seems a blatant plug of S.O.C.G.B. but I'd like us to work with BriSkoda, would be cool if S.O.C.G.B. members could be BriSkoda members and of course visa-versa. I have recently become a fully paid up Freedom member so I do practice what I preech!

I have spoken with Colin before about this, but other stuff came up and unfortunately I never pursued it. I'm back on track now though and am determined to change the "fuddy duddy" image we have.

What do others think?

Apologies to yann for the possible change in direction of your thread. :thumbup:

Really good idea! there are a range of fabias that have so much to offer and show people. Skoda is not the brand it used to be and a lot of educating is required....or no educating, and keep the prices down:thumbup: .

Yann - keep your eye on the meets section - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/social-regional-meets-events/. There are regular get togethers on a regional, national and even international basis.

Daverapid - keep up the good work. Im sure SOCGB and Briskoda can work together well for their mutual benefit, and I for one really enjoy seeing some of the older Skodas. The Skoda Museum visit on our recent Czech trip was fascinating.

I was at Chatsworth Rally Show, i was marshalling, and i was looking at Rainworths Fabia, and i had a similar thought about the car clubs there, i mean we could set a facebook register, but i think utilising Briskoda as a "club", would suffice....

Let me know what you think...

So that made me wonder if there is a VRs Fabia (I own an SE) owner's club in the country? After all, there was an Audi A2 one...). That could be fun, a bunch a of VRs, including SEs at a motorsport event somwhere :thumbup:

Why be so 'exclusive' :confused: You/ we allready have Briskoda who recently had a club stand at Trax, Gti international, and the VW festival at Harewood, not to mention all the local meets like Awesome Gti etc etc:confused:

I don't know how to use Facebook, but I think that there are enough people interested in this idea already on this forum. That would be nice to have a proper owner's club! ;)

Being a Polo 1.4SE 9N owner I am just an onlooker on this thread but I think that you are correct that certain "groups" justify having their own owner's club - and I feel that Skoda VRS is one of these groups as their owners delibrately buy that type of car for its special features. I once owned aVX Cav GSI 4X4 so joined the VX performance club as VX GSI owners were looking for "more" in a car than the more usual L, LX GL etc - ie different priorities - no bad thing.

Really good idea! there are a range of fabias that have so much to offer and show people. Skoda is not the brand it used to be and a lot of educating is required....or no educating, and keep the prices down:thumbup: .

Rally show..... not the brand they used to be.......Skoda Estelles were nearly always winning their class in WRC (like Rally GB) events in the eighties!

aren't most of the SOC guys all high and mighty about our new-fangled Skoda's that don't fall apart?

:) No

We done a survey on our membership and found that the biggest percentage of our members own post VW era Skoda's. It is true that owners of the older models in the S.O.C.G.B. "appear" to be more enthusiastic though.

:rolleyes: My old Skoda's don't fall apart....mainly cos they weren't put together to start with! :D

I never even realised the SOC existed....... Neadless to say the application for me and the mrs is in the post to them now!!! :D

I'm happy with Briskoda and have been to numerous meets as well as being on the Briskoda stand @ VW Festival..... I don't mind if someone starts up another club just for vRS owners though.

Cheers

Dave.

Andy 2407, thanks for that link to the section on meetings, I hadn't seen it. I will definitely keep a close look for meetings I can attend. I'm a bit shy but will try to overcome this... :)

• 4 weeks later...