Mapped VRS - how fast??

jasc1988

Paul, it's more to do with the way the Civic delivers it's power to the road. It's very progressive, when your turbo, or a turbo petrol car starts to spin out of puff at super high revs, the Vtec is only kicking in, even at the limiter, it's making a few bhp less than it makes at a peak. Which is why they pull so well.

My civic, or whoever's, doesn't matter. What we could do, if we're all up for a meet to go to a runway or so, bring different variations of each car. Robshaw at the moment, has a standard CTR. I'm more than up for it, be a good day and a laugh too.

When the turbo spins up & out your still in SLOW mode:rolleyes::D

As for the runway day sounds good, im up for it:thumbup:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be up for that in either car depending on where it is!

Snoopie, have you ever used CPL Racing in Kent?

Heard of them, and spoken to 'Guy' who owns the place. Would never use him, he's too up himself. Everything is crap unless he sells it. His mapping isn't very good either.

I'm using TDI North ... Bit more expensive, but again, you pays your money! :)

When the turbo spins up & out your still in SLOW mode:rolleyes::D

As for the runway day sounds good, im up for it:thumbup:

So, When we try out this blat down a runway, are you going to destroy me, with your continous mid-range torque? You will have to at some point, shift up a gear! :P

So, When we try out this blat down a runway, are you going to destroy me, with your continous mid-range torque? You will have to at some point, shift up a gear! :P

No i wouldnt bother as we both know you will destroy me:rolleyes:but in the real world were mid-range torque means something!!! I know i would give a standard CTR a good go:thumbup:

No i wouldnt bother as we both know you will destroy me:rolleyes:but in the real world were mid-range torque means something!!! I know i would give a standard CTR a good go:thumbup:

:( Would be a good day out nonetheless. I won't bother searching for a place until my car is back.

Well Iv a re-mapped vrs with a couple of extra mods, as well as taking somthings out to make it lighter. Iv seen off plenty of 106 and 306 gti's as well as saxo vtrs. The torque just kills them!

Iv had 150mph on the clock (when on my private bit of road of coarse!)

Type R's r faster but theres not a lot in it at all!

One time i completely killed one and it turned out he just bought a Type-R badge........Clown!

I even had a little play with a Astra VXR the other day, racing up a hill! Those things are Cr*p! 240bhp in the engine, but there was no way he had anything near that going through the wheels. He was getting away from me but only just! They do look the part tho!

But childish things aside. What you have to remember is people in 106gti's and saxo's tend to be little kids and normally *****!

The great thing about Furbys is the price of them, you get a hell of a lot of car for you money, theres not anything on the market better value IMHO!

Anyway, a furby will beat any petrol car in a race in the end, as eventually the petrols going to run out of fuel,k giving us the time to catch up and take the lead!!:rofl:

Also why are there so many Honda owners on a skoda website???? ( not that your not welcome boys!) Just wonder what you got to gain using this site?

Honda's are an awsome car, there's no doubt about it, there CRX kicks ***, power to weight ratio was crazy, especially for there time!

Used to have a mini and went to a show where a guy had A type-R engine in his mini! Couldnt use 1st gear as it was to aggresive!!

Well Iv a re-mapped vrs with a couple of extra mods, as well as taking somthings out to make it lighter. Iv seen off plenty of 106 and 306 gti's as well as saxo vtrs. The torque just kills them!

Iv had 150mph on the clock (when on my private bit of road of coarse!)

Type R's r faster but theres not a lot in it at all!

One time i completely killed one and it turned out he just bought a Type-R badge........Clown!

I even had a little play with a Astra VXR the other day, racing up a hill! Those things are Cr*p! 240bhp in the engine, but there was no way he had anything near that going through the wheels. He was getting away from me but only just! They do look the part tho!

But childish things aside. What you have to remember is people in 106gti's and saxo's tend to be little kids and normally *****!

The great thing about Furbys is the price of them, you get a hell of a lot of car for you money, theres not anything on the market better value IMHO!

Anyway, a furby will beat any petrol car in a race in the end, as eventually the petrols going to run out of fuel,k giving us the time to catch up and take the lead!!:rofl:

My point proven. But none of you actually believed me when i said i beat a 106 gti and was behind my mate pushing him in his type r. But hey..........

Dis you have the remap done after ther FMIC and de-cat?

Have you had it on a rolling road?

No before, need to have it done again. Yeah had it done at a local place near me, cnat remember the torque figures, ill have to dig the sheet out

Blimey! I go to sleep, and all this happens!

Reckon I'll be popping in again over the course of the day.

:popcorn:

Maybe we can get Mil over for this race - then he can show you (like a king) what real power is! :rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl::D:rofl:

Iv heard that fabia can be up to 140BHP standard, is that really true?

AIUI, it's down to differences in the way VAG test power output compared to other manufacturers, and possibly also about how 'optimistic' they are with their figures. But on paper, yes, a 140bhp PD130 engine would not be unusual...