Finally got my center rear headrest fitted

GPW

As the per the headline got the centre rear headrest fitted to my SE. Took a long time coming as waiting for the matching blue stiching. Was very very nervious when cutting my lovely leather:eek: but as it turned out was quite an easy job. I had good advice beforehand by the leather trimmers and it looks like a factory fit. Still think Skoda should have fitted this in the spec to start with. just saving up to get the door cards done next.

I know its not everyone cup of tea but I realy like it. What do you guys think?

17412.attach

17413.attach

17414.attach

17415.attach

That looks the dog's danglies:thumbup: Been thinking about fitting the third headrest to my Elegance but haven't been able to stump up the readies yet for the parts, let alone pluck up the courage to cut holes in the trim! This has spurred me on to go ahead (once I've paid for it's 20.000 mile service next week that is!:eek:)

There were no problems with the installation then? Anything to watch out for?

As the per the headline got the centre rear headrest fitted to my SE. Took a long time coming as waiting for the matching blue stiching. Was very very nervious when cutting my lovely leather:eek: but as it turned out was quite an easy job. I had good advice beforehand by the leather trimmers and it looks like a factory fit. Still think Skoda should have fitted this in the spec to start with. just saving up to get the door cards done next.

I know its not everyone cup of tea but I realy like it. What do you guys think?

That looks really good...... How much did the 3rd headrest and bit's, excluding the leather, set you back???

Cheers

Dave.

That looks really good...... How much did the 3rd headrest and bit's, excluding the leather, set you back???

Cheers

Dave.

eeerrrmmm :o:O:O didnt get alot of change back from £150 in the end because of the leather. but hey you only live once and cant take it with you :D

eeerrrmmm :o:O:O didnt get alot of change back from £150 in the end because of the leather. but hey you only live once and cant take it with you :D

That's what i thought you were gonna say....... :thumbup:

I priced up putting a 3rd headrest in and it came to around £90 just for the normal trim....... Just couldn't warrant paying that much when it's only a £45 option from new!!!

Cheers

Dave.

That looks the dog's danglies:thumbup: Been thinking about fitting the third headrest to my Elegance but haven't been able to stump up the readies yet for the parts, let alone pluck up the courage to cut holes in the trim! This has spurred me on to go ahead (once I've paid for it's 20.000 mile service next week that is!:eek:)

There were no problems with the installation then? Anything to watch out for?

just make sure your partsman orders the correct centre slides they are different to all the others. Only cut the minimum amount of cloth so its a stretch fit round the top collar of the slides. The slides are sided and should only fit one way(one is a square fit O/S and the other a round fit N/S and has the hight lock adjuster on it ) but be careful as the square one will go into the round hole and once its in its in.

otherwise its feel for the holes in the seatback, cut the cloth, push in slides till they click lock into the seat and slide the headrest in. 20 mins job done:thumbup:

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I do acknowledge that that is a really well done mod, albeit rather expensive, but in over eight years of owing a Fabia vRS I've never even had a fifth passenger...