Milotec grills.

Decided to fit a set of Milotec front grills to my newly acquired VRS Estate, arrived last week from Germany (much cheaper than buying them in the UK) and a quick trip to the local paint shop had them ready to go.

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

The bonnet grill was very simple to fit apart from having to shorten the bonnet release lever, the lower grill took a bit of fiddling but I'm pleased with the results. :D

Nice job; well done.

Have to say though I prefer the OEM radiator grill, but like to milotec lower part; although would be tempted to keep to black not chrome.

Where did you buy from? I had been thinking of going to SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

Nice job; well done.

Have to say though I prefer the OEM radiator grill, but like to milotec lower part; although would be tempted to keep to black not chrome.

Where did you buy from? I had been thinking of going to SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

I ordered them direct from Milotec in Germany as the price was much better than through the UK supplier.

The grills are acrually stainless steel rather than chrome, but you can get them in a black finish as well. :thumbup:

I ordered them direct from Milotec in Germany as the price was much better than through the UK supplier. :thumbup:

Yes; but if we try that from here in UK, milotec.de send us back to deal with milotek.uk - even though EU trading laws say you can buy whatever you want from wherever it is.

That's why, for a UK buyer, I'd suggest SuperSkoda.com

Yes; but if we try that from here in UK, milotec.de send us back to deal with milotek.uk - even though EU trading laws say you can buy whatever you want from wherever it is.

That's why, for a UK buyer, I'd suggest SuperSkoda.com

Did not have an issue with living in the UK, just ordered on line and within a couple of hours they sent me the invoice.

Only hassle was that they don't accept credit cards so I had to organise a bank transfer.

I ordered mine from superskoda! Nothing but good service, and cheaper than anything in the UK!

As for my concerns about how secure the plastic scoops were at the bottom...they still on the car :thumbup:

Glad to hear that, have to be honest I had the same concerns. :eek:

I actually like and have to say would look excellent all in black! Good job we have Black Magic, think this might be a goer.........:thumbup:

Been trying for some time to get another OEM grille to colour code but alas no deal, so the Milotec looks good to go......:D

Decided to fit a set of Milotec front grills to my newly acquired VRS Estate, arrived last week from Germany (much cheaper than buying them in the UK) and a quick trip to the local paint shop had them ready to go.

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

The bonnet grill was very simple to fit apart from having to shorten the bonnet release lever, the lower grill took a bit of fiddling but I'm pleased with the results. :D

Part numbers for top and bottom are? Looked on Milotec and there seems to be two alternative sets but no definituve apart from VRS and non VRS...CheeRs.......:D

The top grill is Product No.: 60001 in stainless steel or 60004 in black, the lower grill and air ducts are Product No.: 6340401 for stainless, or 6340404 in black.

Top grill is €153 in stainless €139 black and bottom €119 stainless, €95 in black.

The surrounds and ducts are all finished in black ABS ready for painting.:thumbup:

The grills look the business.

On a completely random note, your front steps look familiar? Did you own a race blue fabia before the octy?

Only asking cause I sold a set of rear lights in NI earlier in the year and your photos look familiar.

On a completely random note, your front steps look familiar? Did you own a race blue fabia before the octy?

Only asking cause I sold a set of rear lights in NI earlier in the year and your photos look familiar.

Indeed I did, and indeed you did. :thumbup:

On a completely random note, your front steps look familiar?

Hmmm.... When I joined this forum I was prepared for a little anoraking - didn,t realise it would be populated with step spotters :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The top grill is Product No.: 60001 in stainless steel or 60004 in black, the lower grill and air ducts are Product No.: 6340401 for stainless, or 6340404 in black.

Top grill is €153 in stainless €139 black and bottom €119 stainless, €95 in black.

The surrounds and ducts are all finished in black ABS ready for painting.:thumbup:

That's great, thanks...:)

Hi,

just wondering how easy it was to fit the bottom 3 parts?

rgds,

C

Its a doddle! Its a bit disconcerting trying to pull the old grill out, but you just got to give it a tug. Stu has better instructions on his site! The new ones slot in nice and easy, to easy infact. But they have stayed put in mine, that's all most 6 months I've had mine! :thumbup:

how do you now open the bonnet??

Also off topic but how do you get the pics to appear in the post like that? whenever i add pics they come up as ones you have to click on?

Upload them into an account on, say, photobucket.com and then you put the html address into the thread.

It's so much easier than to try and upload the photos into briskoda.net and you can chop and change the pics in the post at will later if you need to.