Keeping her smelling new

wac

My furby had a beautiful new smell when I bought her (2nd hand) a month ago, and now that smell is fading; probably due to me adjusting to it, but other people who infrequently use the car have noticed the "nice smell" has gone. I often wonder what they used on her before the handover, but I can't be bothered phoning to find out.

I found another thread trying to re-create this with no conclusive results. Does anyone have any good recommendations? Anything that can be, say, purchase in Halfords on my lunch break tomorrow? I've got a basic glade thing that slots into the vents but it's pretty lame; you can only smell it when the blowers are pointed at your nostrils. :thumbdwn:

So, how do you all keep your car smelling fresh? :cool:

Look for one of those pine tree shaped thingies that sometimes hang off rear-view mirrors; they have one that is labelled "new car aroma" or some such

I know about them because I found one under the passenger seat of my 2nd hand purchase!!

Look for one of those pine tree shaped thingies that sometimes hang off rear-view mirrors; they have one that is labelled "new car aroma" or some such

I know about them because I found one under the passenger seat of my 2nd hand purchase!!

You mean Magic Tree 'New Car Fragrance'. Tesco sell them (amongst others), and it's the only air freshener I'll use.

Was that some sort of lasting freshness strategy do you think? Putting it under the seat?

Try Autoglym Autofresh.

It's usually available in Halfords (as you mention them), among other places. £4.99 IIRC.

Steve

Yep, I agree, if you can hunt down a place that sells the bulk packs you can buy 1L of concentrate that dilutes 20:1, which works out a lot lot cheaper than £5 for 500ml.

Very good though and safe on all surfaces.

Must be tough to keep it alight with the A/C on or the windows open though. :)

You get a gold star for that one.......................

Besides, the candle is in a jar so it's not too bad at staying alight :rofl:

I find that if you give the interior a really good clean and hoover out all the carpets it seems to make the interior smell new again. :confused:

I did have a "new car" air freshner in my Fabia but it was not a new car smell, more like just another air freshner. I found it quite nauseating actually so had it hidden in one of the seat pockets to dilute the effect.

:thumbup::thumbup:ok people might not agree but when u clean the car then dust the dash and all using the shiny silicone spray over it looks great and smells loveerrrly but only for a couple of horus after then it smills like a new car (as most valeting places including dealers use it on all interior plastics)

• 1 month later...