Tuning Fabia VRS to 200bhp

brf2005

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the sort of Mechanical Sympathy people are talking about is not unreasonable at all for the Furby. Just because its a diesel and will pull well at low revs it doesnt mean its good for it. Even if the car was totally standard its poor practice to floor the throttle in a high gear at low revs - its just the reason why you don't only really becomes obvious with a remap.

This is not so much of a problem with petrol cars, turned or not. Firstly because the average-joe petrol car does not have a DMF, and secondly they are not really known for low down torque and grunt and therefore nobody ever tries booting it down in that rev-range in the first place. So the issue just doesnt exist.

When I first got my vRS I did boot it at low revs in high-gears because I was not aware of the DMF and clutch issue, and really enjoyed the power surge. But since the remap I have been educated and have altered my style of driving, however my driving pleasure has gone up ten-fold; because of the new map.

I dont think Mechanical Sympathy hinders drivability - if anything it just means you drive the car more like a petrol.