Tuning Fabia VRS to 200bhp

brf2005

It was explained to me like... basically as soon as you up the boost pressure past manufacturer specs... it's getting damaged from day one.

I am now driving it like a granny to avoid a failure until I get something sorted, which defeats the purpose of the remap in the first place:(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shifty.... We had arranged to put your ECU back to stock after the first time you mentioned the turbo going on you... after quite a lot of miles and a lot of laps around the ring it is hardly unexpected that it went. I struggle to believe that you would buy 4 more turbos following this, especially without even considering a hybrid to take the 'so called' 2 bar spike... which we have never logged!

The peak pressure on these is 1.66bar and the stock limitations have been adapted to suit... I would have to see with my own eyes before I will ever believe that any of these run close to 2 bar. We have multiple maps from the likes of Revo etc who run 1.75bar on these engines.

The only ever instance we have heard of turbo's blowing is from yourself and now Harry's.... to say we blow turbo's might be a touch uncalled for. We have worked on 130 TDi's which have already had knew turbos before we even touch it and Im talking less than 40,000 miles on stock maps!

The new mapping technique that has been spoken about isnt any more powerful so definitely wont make 200bhp... not sure where that came from (no doubt one of our technicians), it is simply a completely different power delivery than techniques we used previous. It still runs the same peak pressure.

If anyone wants to chat to us simply pick up the phone.... if anyone wants to see pressure maps etc I will gladly show you.

Shifty.... We had arranged to put your ECU back to stock after the first time you mentioned the turbo going on you... after quite a lot of miles and a lot of laps around the ring it is hardly unexpected that it went. I struggle to believe that you would buy 4 more turbos following this, especially without even considering a hybrid to take the 'so called' 2 bar spike... which we have never logged!

The peak pressure on these is 1.66bar and the stock limitations have been adapted to suit... I would have to see with my own eyes before I will ever believe that any of these run close to 2 bar. We have multiple maps from the likes of Revo etc who run 1.75bar on these engines.

The only ever instance we have heard of turbo's blowing is from yourself and now Harry's.... to say we blow turbo's might be a touch uncalled for. We have worked on 130 TDi's which have already had knew turbos before we even touch it and Im talking less than 40,000 miles on stock maps!

The new mapping technique that has been spoken about isnt any more powerful so definitely wont make 200bhp... not sure where that came from (no doubt one of our technicians), it is simply a completely different power delivery than techniques we used previous. It still runs the same peak pressure.

If anyone wants to chat to us simply pick up the phone.... if anyone wants to see pressure maps etc I will gladly show you.

Cheers for clearing that up I feel a lot better:):):)

Shifty.... We had arranged to put your ECU back to stock after the first time you mentioned the turbo going on you... If anyone wants to chat to us simply pick up the phone.... if anyone wants to see pressure maps etc I will gladly show you.

Arranged? I could never get hold of you. All well and god picking up the phine, but if you dont answer yours or return calls..........;)

Yes, 4 more turbos before I eventually got a hybrid. That went pop too, again taking the engine with it.

I'm just reporting as I see it thats all :)

I'm sure people on here can make thier own minds up.

I've got a celtic map, full decat system and a BMC CDA. The clutch is now slipping in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th under 2.5k revs but will get in the RR when I have a sach's fitted. It won't clear up this arguement but will at least get some numbers together.

I've got a celtic map, full decat system and a BMC CDA. The clutch is now slipping in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th under 2.5k revs but will get in the RR when I have a sach's fitted. It won't clear up this arguement but will at least get some numbers together.

More proof that the remap is too harsh to the engine. Oh well....

I seem to remember a conversation about these issues when you first mentioned Celtic....

To be fair I have a Revo and I killed the clutch at 14k miles, so I don't see that a celtic map is really that different to any other generic map...

And yes, the BMC CDA is a very good bit of kit. Fitted mine last week and wow, what a difference!

Im fairly convinced worn/slipping clutches are down to driving style. Mine for instance was swapped at 45k, and still looked like new. It wasnt slipping, and it has seen some 30 laps of the ring, couple of UK track days, and 40k of total abuse.

Contraversial perhaps. I'll go and hide now.

"mechanical sympathy' is key. Correctly treating an OEM clutch on a remapped car requires you to drive around it - using higher revs which are kinder to it and not booting it without dropping a cog or two.

my 2p worth.....

thats why i am swapping my 4k oem clutch for an uprated item before we tune the engine,the words mechanical and sympathy just don't feature in my vocabulary:rofl:

Lol, couldn't agree more, mechanical sympathy can go take a hike! If there's torque there i want to use it! :)

"mechanical sympathy' is key. Correctly treating an OEM clutch on a remapped car requires you to drive around it - using higher revs which are kinder to it and not booting it without dropping a cog or two.

my 2p worth.....

What's the point of getting it remapped then, if you cannot use the performance?

Just buy a fast car in the first place.

What's the point of getting it remapped then, if you cannot use the performance?

Just buy a fast car in the first place.

You can use it - only you have to use higher revs IF you are running an OEM clutch. Moves quickly, no probs....

With the Helix organic one, I drive it any way I want now - but back when I had the OEM one, you could get slipping if you were lead-footed and in "too low" a gear....

Just go out and drop a lot of hard-earned money for a fast car? Boring, unthinking....

I've had a ton of fun modding this one, learnt lots of DIY mechanics and made many mates here on Brisk.

And it's not exactly a slug now :rofl:

Cheers

more of a snail, they're heavier :D

I was wondering which one of the sacred clan of avowed fabia-haters I would draw out with my post! :rofl:

Go away, you're upsetting E-E! :mad:

One man's meat is another woman's poison (or summat similar to that effect :rolleyes:)

:thumbup::)