new splitter

vrs-si

Just bought a cupra r spiltter for my black magic octy.

when it arrives be sure that il be posting plenty of pics of it.

also bought a front arm rest for the octy too so i will post pics of installation and finished result.

:-)

si

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got mine off flea bay but wasnt the 29 quid rip off guy.

i just got it today but need self tapping screws so off to focus hopefully will have her done by tonight if not tomorrow morning.

beretta did you chop the tops of the centre prongs off then screw it in??

i got mine off flea bay but wasnt the 29 quid rip off guy.

i just got it today but need self tapping screws so off to focus hopefully will have her done by tonight if not tomorrow morning.

beretta did you chop the tops of the centre prongs off then screw it in??

Yep, just cut the two centre prongs to size and fitted it, just be careful you dont cut too much off the prongs at first.

I used stainless steel bolts and washers to fix it and only a couple of self tappers to hold in place and line it up.

They are only £25 from a main Seat dealer.

At speed you do notice the extra downforce, not that I ever speed .

I've just collected mine from the dealer last night so will have a go at fitting it in the next few weeks...... I'm gonna employ the mrs to assist in holding it in place so should be fun. :D:D:D

Cheers

Dave.

Look forward to the pics! Im thinking about getting a cupra r splitter too, where did you order it from and how much if you dont mind me asking thanks.

I know this should be a PM but gmaster has too many stored messages or something :(

Anyway I'm in Devon and have an unfitted splitter sitting in my garage that I may be prepared to part with for less than the current retail price. PM me a working e-mail address if you're interested.

Good helpful pics.....

I've got some good wide masking tape as an option instead of the mrs for holding mine in place when i fit it..... For the furby it's reccomended to cut the splitter slightly to help bend it in a little at the ends so as to match the contour of the bumper so i'll have to see how i go.

Cheers

Dave.