Whay are all the standard pumps always out of service?

gadgetman

Noticing a trend with many filling stations on my travels.

Either, all bar 1 pump is now their ultimate/v-power etc brand with no warning before you've got nowhere else on the forecourt to go

Or

Only the premium fuel pumps are working (other bagged or tagged).

The independants are the worst, to the fact that I'm tempted to fire off an email to BP about the local stations pulling this stunt EVERY DAY!

I've also seen the near punch ups as people realise, and move to another pump blocking someone else.

Probably because the forecourts get more of a % for selling 'premium' stuff, they are trying to sway people that way. It could be that the tanks underground have allocated on the assumption that the mass marketing will work and so all thats left now for the normal stuff are the small tanks. I think some mistakes have been made by the management of these forecourts as really they should aim to have no pumps out of action at any time.

More normally I have probs getting super.

Is the price coming down a little? Noticed 95ROn for 97.9p locally and down a penny at the Shell in Dundee.

The local Sainsburys in Aylesford, Kent , has re opend after a refit.

Unleaded £100.9

Super unleaded £102.9

Diesel £105.9

A bit off topic but "every little hepls"............oh bugger that's Tescos......:rolleyes::P;)