Enough is enough...

I'm getting so ****ed off with the problems I'm having with my car I'm starting to think it's not worth it. I bought a used 02 vRS from Skoda in August. 2 weeks in coilpack no 3 goes, RAC replaced it and I was refunded under warranty. A couple of months later, coilpack no 1 goes, replaced, refunded. About a month ago my clutch/gearbox threw a wobbly and decided it wouldn't go into 1st or reverse. Car was recovered to Skoda with suspected faulty syncromesh on 1st gear. Took the box out to discover a broken clutch. Replaced clutch under warranty, hooray!

Except the car drove no better, took it back to have the gearbox linkages re adjusted, felt better until I got it home by which time it felt crap again and wouldn't go into gear. Take it back again and pick it up to find it isn't fixed. Wait for a clutch slave cylinder to arrive and take the car back to be fixed finally. Got to pick the car up, only to be told that the slave cylinder hasn't made any difference!

Suspect that the clutch that was fitted was faulty and wait for another one to arrive. Car goes back in again for 2nd new clutch. Pick it up last night, everything feels good, drive away from dealership 10mins before closing, acclerate down a slip road to join the dual carriageway, no speedo!

The car was supposed to be collected today to be repaired again but wasn't. In the meanwhile it decides to throw up an engine management light and my fuel guage keeps wandering up and down. Car doesn't feel quite right, bit snatchy as you back off, but I'm not sure if I'm looking for faults now. The clutch feels juddery on take up in first but shifting is good again other than that. To top it all off I had to buy two new tyres before it can go back to Skoda as their technicians are not prepared to drive it with 'borderline' tyres.

Really getting fed up, especially as the dealership is about 20 odd miles away. The guy I deal with in the servicing department is helpful as he can be but I'm just getting real cheesed off with it now. I fear I may have bought a pup...

To top it all off I had to buy two new tyres before it can go back to Skoda as their technicians are not prepared to drive it with 'borderline' tyres.

More than anything, They're doing you a favour making you replace them. This time of year on borderline tyres isn't very good.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but ideally, all coil's should have been changed together rather than individual ones.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Some appear to be down to a poor 'garage'.

Years ago my Brother-In-Law had a troublesome car - he spent a fortune on it rectifying the problems. He then sold it to a guy at the same works who then ran it for 3 years without spending a penny on it !

I think you are at this stage - though luckily most of the work is being done under warranty.

i.e. stick with it :thumbup: (or get something else and then potentially have to go through all this again :thumbdwn:)

More than anything, They're doing you a favour making you replace them. This time of year on borderline tyres isn't very good.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but ideally, all coil's should have been changed together rather than individual ones.

I was going to get them replaced in the New Year, as you can probably apprecitate, £200 5 days before Christmas doesn't go come easily, hence the Hankooks my car is wearing...

I will stick with it, at least while everything is being replaced FOC under warranty! With regards to the warranty, can I take the car to another garage rather than the one I bought it from? Driving back and forth to Aldershot is becoming a pain.

I was going to get them replaced in the New Year, as you can probably apprecitate, £200 5 days before Christmas doesn't go come easily, hence the Hankooks my car is wearing...

I will stick with it, at least while everything is being replaced FOC under warranty! With regards to the warranty, can I take the car to another garage rather than the one I bought it from? Driving back and forth to Aldershot is becoming a pain.

Don't think you can as it will be a dealer warrenty rather than a skoda one.

Well, took the car to the garage this morning. They reconected the speedo and cleared the faults that had brought up the CEL light. There were two both reated to the speedo not being connected.

The car feels a lot better now, the jerkiness I was experiencing when lifting off the throttle in all gears has gone, fuel guage is working as it should and the car feels good again!

Only thing that remains is a judder around the biting point, but Im hoping this will disapear once the clutch has a few more miles on it.

sounds like they are getting there with it. if its a proper skoda dealer the warranty should be a skoda one so you can go to any authorised skoda repairer, should you feel the need.

good luck i'd say stick with it and get them to provide a car next time it goes in ;)

sounds like they are getting there with it. if its a proper skoda dealer the warranty should be a skoda one so you can go to any authorised skoda repairer, should you feel the need.

good luck i'd say stick with it and get them to provide a car next time it goes in ;)

It's not. Any warrenty on a 02 plate car will be a dealer one. A skoda warrenty is only on new cars.

hence the Hankooks my car is wearing...

Now that you seem happier :thumbup:

Don't knock the Hankooks - cheaper they may be, 'budget' they aint.

I've got Ventus on mine and am well happy, so to several other Briskodians.

I bought mine after looking at lots of reviews - a more scientific approach by Autoexpress here - and the Hankooks come out pretty well.

Tyre test | Total Tyre Guide | Products | Auto Express

It's not. Any warrenty on a 02 plate car will be a dealer one. A skoda warrenty is only on new cars.

:rofl: er i WORK in a dealership mate, our used cars all come with at least 1 years SKODA warranty. its not a thrid party one as it comes with at least a years RAC cover too.

BUT i dont know about other dealers of Skoda cars. as far as im aware all franchised dealers do this, but it dosnt say where he got the car from

:rofl: er i WORK in a dealership mate, our used cars all come with at least 1 years SKODA warranty. its not a thrid party one as it comes with at least a years RAC cover too.

BUT i dont know about other dealers of Skoda cars. as far as im aware all franchised dealers do this, but it dosnt say where he got the car from

Erm , thats not what skoda said to me when I queried a warrenty claim on my 03 vRS that the dealer refused (a skoda dealer). They said the warrenty was with the dealer and that they don't support any SKODA warrenties for cars past the manufactors 2/3 year / 60K mile warrenty.

Erm , thats not what skoda said to me when I queried a warrenty claim on my 03 vRS that the dealer refused (a skoda dealer). They said the warrenty was with the dealer and that they don't support any SKODA warrenties for cars past the manufactors 2/3 year / 60K mile warrenty.

well thats weird as ive sold 2 skodas fairly recently that were both out of the 3 year warranty. but had the standard 1 year warranty we put on them, including the years RAC cover. both cars were then taken out of the area and warranty work carried out by other skoda dealers. as far as im aware they just put the reg into the computers and it gave them warranty numbers to claim from. Maybe your skoda dealer dosnt have access to the system for claiming from these types of warranties? well worth a call to your supplying dealer to ask?

I'll try and query it with my admin, but i know ive always told customers that they can go to0 any skoda main dealer from warranty work, so i hope ive not been telling porkies!!

I bought the car from Garland Skoda in Aldershot. It's a Skoda Approved used car and came with 1 years warranty and 1 years Skoda Assist/RAC cover.

As for the Hankooks, I'm not sure if they're the ones on that review. Mine are Ventus, but the tread pattern looks different to those ones. They seem pretty good so far, a bit more confidence inspiring that my 'borderlie' Conti's did...

I went for the OE size, couldn't remember what the wider size that would fit and be cheaper was, never mind!