Cage mod on octy vRS

Anyone done it?????

I had ago the other day and I can safely say it works. I wouldn't go so far as to say "oohhh it's much faster" or anything like that but deffo makes the car smoother and I find I need less gas when taking it easy.

For £5 its definately worth a shot :thumbup::thumbup:

I did it, not sure if I found a difference but figured it can't be a bad thing.

It's recommend that you use contact cleaner BEFORE applying the grease tho....

For £5 it can only preserve the connections. I think this is most popular on the fabia vRS which doesn't have the gold connections? As far as I'm aware the octavia vRS does though.

I never really saw much difference either, i did most of the connectors too.

I suppose if i were really looking i might have found it running a little smoother when driving off from cold.

So, does anyone know why it's called the 'cage mod'??

I seem to remember it was down to the name of the chap who decided to do it, but could be wrong. As said above, if you have gold plated contacts on the MAF you'll probably not see a big difference as these don't tend to corrode as much.

Chris

I seem to remember it was down to the name of the chap who decided to do it, but could be wrong. As said above, if you have gold plated contacts on the MAF you'll probably not see a big difference as these don't tend to corrode as much.

Chris

That's correct. American chap on the Yank TDI forums. He did it on a whim and discovered the effect by accident (having noticed that his other cars had their electrical connections smothered in silicon grease).

Worth noting that this isn't a performance mod, rather it resolves a problem (lumpy/lurchy throttle response). As chap with brand new Octi TFSi discovered.

Oh, and it works :thumbup: