Heated seats.

Does the Octavia come with all the relevant wiring allready installed on the vRS? Reason i'm asking is that the new seats i have, have heated seats. They come with the relays atached to the subframes and i'v also got the switches so the only thing i need is the loom from the fusebox etc.

Darren

the information I have on octavia heated seat has the relays on the fuse /relay panel positions 5 and 6 and a single switch unit that controls both seats .Most vw have the control and the relay in one unit per seat in the dash .The octavia information is from May 2001 .I have not found any prewiring for seat heating in my 02 vrs.What car are your seats from and what year ?

the information I have on octavia heated seat has the relays on the fuse /relay panel positions 5 and 6 and a single switch unit that controls both seats .Most vw have the control and the relay in one unit per seat in the dash .The octavia information is from May 2001 .I have not found any prewiring for seat heating in my 02 vrs.What car are your seats from and what year ?

The seats come from a 2001 A3 S3 and there the Nappa Recaro option. Be nice if the wiring is there but not too much of a problem if its not. As i could just retro fit the wiring. I notice that the WRC model comes with heated seats so i'd assume that the wiring is there somewhere so as to save on production costs. Plus mine is an 04 mosel so one of the last to be made.

Darren

• Like 1

My theory with the WRC is that it uses loom(s) from the Elegance rather than the vRS...

I would pull the radio out and see if there's any wiring for the seat switches.... Failing that, there's a guy on eBay who sells the retro-fit kit, it may include a lot of bits you already have, though (heater elements etc).

The seats come from a 2001 A3 S3 and there the Nappa Recaro option. Be nice if the wiring is there but not too much of a problem if its not. As i could just retro fit the wiring. I notice that the WRC model comes with heated seats so i'd assume that the wiring is there somewhere so as to save on production costs. Plus mine is an 04 mosel so one of the last to be made.

Darren

pics of the seats???

My theory with the WRC is that it uses loom(s) from the Elegance rather than the vRS...

I would pull the radio out and see if there's any wiring for the seat switches.... Failing that, there's a guy on eBay who sells the retro-fit kit, it may include a lot of bits you already have, though (heater elements etc).

Whereabouts are your heated seat switches located Phil? I assumed they would be in the centre console like the wifes Focus.

Darren

Heres the auction pics. Once i'v fitted them in the car (If it stops raining) I'll take some more. I'm going to get the back seat recovered in black leather and leave the door cards as they are. I'll also fit a black carpet and a MOMO jet steering wheel. Thats as far as i'll go modding it apart from possibly a set of OZ ultrleggeras on the outside. I love the car but the driving position is more sat on it than in it at the moment.

auction number 140197826641 Let me know what you think.

Darren

]My theory with the WRC is that it uses loom(s) from the Elegance rather than the vRS...

THe kits on e-bay are for a golf4/passat and have the regulators built into the switches (2 switches one for each seat ) .the system for an octavia has the regulators in two relays in the relay box under the instrument pod with a single shared switch to control the seats in the centre console. The heating elements are also wired differently on the two systems,there also seems to be different systems for cloth or leather .I have just managed to get hold of a skoda switch (cheap enough to open and examine )but using the this switch to control the golf regulators is going to be tricky as one uses a potentiometer to control a voltage and the other a variable current .

The ones on ebay are also overpriced I was quoted 106 pounds for the same kit from a vw dealer with a 3-4 day lead time

the system used on the octavia seems to be the same as the corrado golf3 and passat 3.5

looking at circuit diagrams some of which are in german .

]My theory with the WRC is that it uses loom(s) from the Elegance rather than the vRS...

THe kits on e-bay are for a golf4/passat and have the regulators built into the switches (2 switches one for each seat ) .the system for an octavia has the regulators in two relays in the relay box under the instrument pod with a single shared switch to control the seats in the centre console. The heating elements are also wired differently on the two systems,there also seems to be different systems for cloth or leather .I have just managed to get hold of a skoda switch (cheap enough to open and examine )but using the this switch to control the golf regulators is going to be tricky as one uses a potentiometer to control a voltage and the other a variable current .

The ones on ebay are also overpriced I was quoted 106 pounds for the same kit from a vw dealer with a 3-4 day lead time

I'm assuming that the Skoda works on a potentiometer due to the dial type switch. Surely the elements in the seats would work from either or switch? Once i find some time i'll take the radio out and look for a loom of some kind although its looking unlikely. Failing that i may have to get an auto electrician to prefab the wiring and go down that route. Unless you say that you cant see this as being possible?

Darren

the system used on the octavia seems to be the same as the corrado golf3 and passat 3.5

looking at circuit diagrams some of which are in german .

look nice :)

are they pretty much direct fit then?

Ahhh. Thats the gamble you see. I'm hoping that because they fit the Golf and Polo then they should fit straight into the Octy, seeing as the Golf seats DO fit straight into the Octy these should. If not a straight fit then i'm sure only a small amount of work will be involved.

Darren

• 10 months later...