Semi or fully

I own a vRS 1.8t and i have it on the fixed service schedule which Skoda reccomend semi synthetic oil but i have always been brought up to believe that a turbo needs fully synth if you want to get a good long life out of it . Any views or help will be muchly appreciated guys

Cheers

:thumbup:

In my very honest opinion you should put only good quality fully synthetic that meets the required VAG standards 502.00 for normal servicing every 10k or 503.00 for long life servicing.

I think you wont make any mistake if you put 503.00 and change it every 10k.

Take a look at opieoils website for makes like fuchs, motul, castrol.

Cheers

Igor

fully all the way. castrol edge 5w-40 is the shizz!

dont buy cheap oil. unless its for your girlfriends clio!

Cheers mate i wouldnt dream of using cheap oil and i was genuinely surprised that Skoda use and recomend semi synth on the fixed service for a vRS ???????:confused:

in my autodata book it says vag 18t engines have updated/upgraded to fully syth 5/30w to prevent black death clogging your oilpump(common)

its not cheap if your is a oilburner though

andrew pages sell comma fully syth for modern audi/vw engines i use this, enough for a oil change is £32 squid :thumbup:

think the castrol 5/40 for dervs sure its 5/30 for petrols