need a bulb!

Hi all

I need a bulb as the illumination of my a/c and fan dials has failed

I read some instrucitons on here about replacing it and that I need a 1.2w 5mm bulb...anyone know any more dtails of the bulb (part number of code?) so I don;'t have to take the trim off to find out please? I'd rather just have to take the trim off once when I put the new bulb in....I know its a bit lazy of me!...

Also anyone know best place to get one of these bulbs please let me know - halfords website is pretty useless...

cheers

mf

First off, sorry but I didn;t see your guide to start with, just someone elses summary of it.

For anyone else saerching, the full guide is here and with photos...very good, cheers simonlb

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/technical-guides/how-replace-heater-panel-illumination-bulb-mk-i-octavia/97885/#post1127493

Next re. the bulb I managed to dig out an old VAG part code from searching the net and popped down to my local VW dealer as it was easier than getting across to the skoda dealer.

The bulb cost me 49p and the new part number is 941QBU286SP

...job literally took 3mins and it was dark on the drive when I did it!