Chipped VRS figures?

MRO881E

Hi

Going to see a standard Octavia VRS this weekend, but was wondering what figures theyput out once chipped.

Being in Scotland, I am limited with options. Looks like either APR or a Dastek map.

Star's site quotes 210bhp & 225lb/ft

Any real world examples?? Anyone been to Dastek? Heard there was a REVO dealer in inverness? What is the REVO figures? Also Upsolute is a possibility

Cheers

Mike

Hi

Going to see a standard Octavia VRS this weekend' date=' but was wondering what figures theyput out once chipped.

Being in Scotland, I am limited with options. Looks like either APR or a Dastek map.

Star's site quotes 210bhp & 225lb/ft

Any real world examples?? Anyone been to Dastek? Heard there was a REVO dealer in inverness? What is the REVO figures? Also Upsolute is a possibility

Cheers

Mike[/quote']

You can possibly see anywhere between 210-230bhp depending on tuner.

Upsolute....don't go there....am probably right in banding them together with Superchips.

Hi Mike (shugz from www.Seatenthusiasts.co.uk),

Mine has the APR 98 RON Optimax program, Miltek sports cat/ exhaust and K&N panel filter. All work and dyno was done by Jim and the team at Star with figures of 224bhp/ 228 lbs/ft (sorry, can't remember what revs these were achieved at). Not sure whereabouts in Scotland you are but if you are near Edinburgh you can give me a shout if you need a first hand demo of a chipped vRS.

Cheers

Hugh

P.S I have only used Star so far but found them to be very helpful and would recommend them.

• Administrators

A second vote for APR, x2 as I have had two octavia's with APR now :D

Figures are attainable and the optimax program is easily the equivilent of the top end Jabba figures with the 95 program not being to far behind (Optimax aka 98 = 95+10% roughly).

To be honest if you have the cash then the 98 and 95 programs are great. Personally I got the 95 first then added to it, a major plus of the system IMHO. Not forgetting you alway have stock equivlent code. Depending on where you are, the 98 program might not be that usefull day to day.

The other options fairly unique to APR is security lockout to stop tampering with settings and ECU disabling. This means that even with keys the car will not start...and it works. Also fault code erase and throttle body alignment - these I have but infrequently use.

There are of course other programs, like vallet mode. This limits the car to 4k rpm and NO boost, handy for somthing maybe. I set it to this program when I leave the car with people and put into stock mode when going on for a service or long journeys.

Star is also set to be the European Tech centre for APR stuff, by that I mean the chaps at Star will know all there is to know.

Now to level it all up, Revo have agents all over and attain similar results, but a different "curve" to get those results. Jabba is not that far nor to is AmD, okay not quick trip, but possible.

Personally APR does the job for me and is unique in what I have described above. Off the shelf yes, but a dam fine shelf it is, especially with vtune on the next shelf up.

Cheers Guys

I know Jim and know that Star def know their stuff :) What they are quoting is obviously not too far off the mark then - cheers Shugz!! I'm in Aberdeen, so not too sure when I could come for a spin. I'm in Birmingham this weekend seeing the black one, so will decide aftert that. I can always get the 6 hour trial first :D

Cheers

Mike

Mike' date=' re Birmingham.

If you want to stop of on the way back up north (I'm <5 mins from the M6 & Awesome).

PM me if you want.[/quote']

Cheers Colin. I am going to see it on Saturday, then at the NEC on Sat pm and all day Sunday. Heading straight back up to Aberdeen on Sunday night for work on Monday so won't have time to stop (sharing driving with the Mrs).

Thanks for the offer though (friendly place this forum :))

Im assuming an Octavia with 50k is not going to be a problem? 02 plate with FSkodaSH... 1 owner & motorway miles.

Mike

• Administrators

Mike,

In theory it should be okay. Jon (TaviaRS) clocked up nearly 3 times that by motorway and track miles before he hit any problems.

The prefered practise seems to be cam change at 60k and goto fixed 10k service intervals. The variable service schedule is fine for "pootling" but IMHO and others as soon as you start to tune (chip) then you need to treat it with far more care.

I suspect thats a given with you, but one never knows ;). I took a 30k 12month RS from the site (traded in from a 4x4). It's now 40k and no problems atall and it's not motorway miles ;)

There are also RS's for sale on the site at very good prices. Might be worth having a quick look through the for sale, unless your getting a bargin above of course ;)

Abeerdeen, nice...perfectly sited for a Scottish Meet, I want to get one (a big meet) going with a tour of the highlands and of course Skye ;)

Just need to decide now - Stealth (Octavia VRS) or Boy Racer (Honda Accord Type R.....)

:eek:

Wouldn't say I was a boy racer... :thumbdwn: As of July I am supposed to become every boy racers worst enemy ;)

Just like the 2 cars and need to decide :D

:drive:

I had the same choice, Accord type R or VRS, drove both and loved both. Insurance and running costs higher on Type R, more toys on VRS, similar speed. In the end , with 3 kids needed extra space etc. Totally and completely over the moon with the VRS (plus had a little play with the Accord and left him!!)

owned both! loved the accord but is so lacking in torque its a pain to drive anything other than flat out... as for the handling - well i would take "my" Octy over the accord any day but as std then the accord is better - which is a good job as the tuning bits are a little pricy!;)

good luck with either choice:thumbup: